Thread: No criminal charges in shooting unarmed man

No criminal charges in shooting unarmed man

Whoa:
    The letter also revealed that Fitzsimmons had smoked marijuana earlier that night, a fact learned after he voluntarily submitted to a blood test. But he showed no signs of impairment when officers arrived, Schimel said, and so couldn't be charged with being armed while intoxicated.

He said a lesser charge of being armed with detectable amount of restricted substance wasn't appropriate given Fitzsimmons lack of a criminal history and lack of evidence at his home of any "substantial drug activity."
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

It's bizarre that the dead intruder's wife was beaten to death in 2007. http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesh...133280033.html

This is good. And, proof that castle doctrine is needed, because I guarantee that family is still going to try a civil suit.

Some research on how James Babe lived his life should result with nobody being surprised in how it ended.

Inevitable

Indubitably.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

WoW. Criminal record that goes back to 1991. Includes 7 counts of burglary, sexual assault of a child, disorderly conduct, battery, drug offense, OAR plus some civil judgements. I doubt there will be any civil action. Poster boy for the need of a castile doctrine law.

Source: WCCA search Babe, James dob 1972.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    Whoa:
    this blew my mind as well
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]