Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First OC on Motorcycle in Wisconsin

First OC on Motorcycle in Wisconsin

Am I the first to OC on a Motorcycle in Wisconsin legally? Holy $*&^!
    Carry: XD .40 4"

If you left your house before 11:30am yesterday, then yes. Otherwise I beat ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    If you left your house before 11:30am yesterday, then yes. Otherwise I beat ya!
    Curse you. Nope it was today. Had a great ride. Stopped for lunch on the bike and got some smiles from some local children. Its nice to see people that express a positive response to carrying after being asked to leave a store.

How did you guys do it? Just in a holster?

Methinks a good retention holster would be a must on the bike. I would try it, but my bike is in storage for the season already.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojohn41 View Post
    i duct taped my 1911 to the fuel tank ;-)
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

I have a Blackhawk! serpa drop leg holster that i use. It is a level 2 retention holster. The same I will be using for gun deer season!

A little duct tape would work too! but only the stuff with flames on it.

I OCd on a bicycle yesterday...with my kids...biking around an extreme lefty Madison neighborhood..!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    I OCd on a bicycle yesterday...with my kids...biking around an extreme lefty Madison neighborhood..!
    You mean yours didnt jump out of its holster either? Amazing! <Sarcasm off>

I would have been first but I don't own a scooter right now

I sooooo want to OC an a motorcycle. Lucky ducks.

Mexican carry just like the off duty cops do in the shopping malls!
    Last edited by lockman; 11-06-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: remove disfunctional emoticon

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    i duct taped my 1911 to the fuel tank ;-)
    This is probably the best idea.

I would hate to have to lay the bike down with a big chunk of metal on my hip.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Don Hume H721 OT.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

I would hate to have to lay the bike down with a big chunk of metal on my hip.

Don't lay it down then...

I put about 2 1\2 hrs on today while carrying in a holster.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Don't lay it down then...
    Well, unless you are a member of the Flying Chair Society it's pretty much just a matter of when.

I would think a holster on the top of your tank bag would be the safest way to OC on a bike. Or secured to the inside if your full fairing.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 11-06-2011 at 07:31 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Well, unless you are a member of the Flying Chair Society it's pretty much just a matter of when.
    I can testify to that x2.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I live in the city, surrounded by school zones. So until I get my permit no oc/cc on my bike. I am greatly looking forward to it
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

been offline for quite some time. was having way to much going on and people causing trouble, so i finally grabbed my wife and kid and left the city. now i log back on and am just getting overwhelmed.

can you guys give me a crash course on the new laws, perhaps with some links for me to read up on. i heard that as of nov. 1st you could get a CC permit, but other than that i have heard nothing (yeah i've really cut myself off for a while. needed to breath and get away).

now from this thread i'm getting the impression that vehicle carry is somehow legal now??? damn, i knew i moved out of the city, i didn't think i left the state. what happened in the least few months that i've been gone???

PS: yes i will be researching as much as i can since i've been out of the loop for a while, but was just hoping you guys could give me a short version of what's new with some pointers for reading material.
    Last edited by scorpio_vette; 11-07-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

thanks........wow........my head is smoking now from all that reading.. wow alot has changed.

i would certainly never want to lay my bike down wearing a gun.....me vs pavement at 55....painful enough. me vs pavement at 55 with hunk of metal capable of impaling me on impact.......ouch.......

maybe a horizontal shoulder holster? or dual desert eagles in ankle holsters? :-D
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Now that unloaded vehicle OC is approved for long guns, who is going to be the first to bolt a locking firearm rack on a motorcycle and drive around with their AR, etc on their bike once the Statute change takes effect?
    Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 11-07-2011 at 03:15 PM.

impaling?

You guys have vivid imaginations.

If, God forbid, I go down, my last worry will be a properly holstered pistol on my hip. In fact, the leather/metal would be a much better material to absorb the friction of a 200 yard slide on pavement than, say, my a$$ cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    impaling?

You guys have vivid imaginations.

If, God forbid, I go down, my last worry will be a properly holstered pistol on my hip. In fact, the leather/metal would be a much better material to absorb the friction of a 200 yard slide on pavement than, say, my a$$ cheek.
    no but the laws of physics say pavement will just cheese grate your ass cheek and a large hunk of metal will penitrate........5" if your carrying a 1911..........try to fall to your weak side lol

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    no but the laws of physics say pavement will just cheese grate your ass cheek and a large hunk of metal will penitrate........5" if your carrying a 1911..........try to fall to your weak side lol
    How's it going to penetrate? What? Do you have the thing pointed at you in the holster? I'm with Trip on this one. It'd scratch your gun up but it's probably better to slide on that than your buns. I don't want my gun scratched so I just won't ride a motorcycle. LOL

Ever watch those guys that "ski" behind a car on pavement? They're wearing metal inserts on the soles of their shoes. The metal has a lower coefficient of friction than your butt cheeks.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 11-07-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast