• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC on Motorcycle in Wisconsin

xd40 neenah

If you left your house before 11:30am yesterday, then yes. Otherwise I beat ya!

Curse you. :cuss: Nope it was today. Had a great ride. Stopped for lunch on the bike and got some smiles from some local children. Its nice to see people that express a positive response to carrying after being asked to leave a store.

oak1971

Methinks a good retention holster would be a must on the bike. I would try it, but my bike is in storage for the season already. :(

xd40 neenah

How did you guys do it? Just in a holster?

I have a Blackhawk! serpa drop leg holster that i use. It is a level 2 retention holster. The same I will be using for gun deer season!

A little duct tape would work too! but only the stuff with flames on it.

HandyHamlet

Don't lay it down then... :D

Well, unless you are a member of the Flying Chair Society it's pretty much just a matter of when.

I would think a holster on the top of your tank bag would be the safest way to OC on a bike. Or secured to the inside if your full fairing.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

I live in the city, surrounded by school zones. So until I get my permit no oc/cc on my bike. I am greatly looking forward to it:cool:

scorpio_vette

been offline for quite some time. was having way to much going on and people causing trouble, so i finally grabbed my wife and kid and left the city. now i log back on and am just getting overwhelmed.

can you guys give me a crash course on the new laws, perhaps with some links for me to read up on. i heard that as of nov. 1st you could get a CC permit, but other than that i have heard nothing (yeah i've really cut myself off for a while. needed to breath and get away).

now from this thread i'm getting the impression that vehicle carry is somehow legal now??? damn, i knew i moved out of the city, i didn't think i left the state. what happened in the least few months that i've been gone???

PS: yes i will be researching as much as i can since i've been out of the loop for a while, but was just hoping you guys could give me a short version of what's new with some pointers for reading material.

Last edited: