• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC on Motorcycle in Wisconsin

carry for myself

i would certainly never want to lay my bike down wearing a gun.....me vs pavement at 55....painful enough. me vs pavement at 55 with hunk of metal capable of impaling me on impact.......ouch.......

maybe a horizontal shoulder holster? or dual desert eagles in ankle holsters? :-D

Interceptor_Knight

Now that unloaded vehicle OC is approved for long guns, who is going to be the first to bolt a locking firearm rack on a motorcycle and drive around with their AR, etc on their bike once the Statute change takes effect?

Last edited:

Trip20

impaling?

You guys have vivid imaginations.

If, God forbid, I go down, my last worry will be a properly holstered pistol on my hip. In fact, the leather/metal would be a much better material to absorb the friction of a 200 yard slide on pavement than, say, my a$$ cheek.

carry for myself

impaling?

If, God forbid, I go down, my last worry will be a properly holstered pistol on my hip. In fact, the leather/metal would be a much better material to absorb the friction of a 200 yard slide on pavement than, say, my a$$ cheek.

no but the laws of physics say pavement will just cheese grate your ass cheek and a large hunk of metal will penitrate........5" if your carrying a 1911..........try to fall to your weak side lol

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
no but the laws of physics say pavement will just cheese grate your ass cheek and a large hunk of metal will penitrate........5" if your carrying a 1911..........try to fall to your weak side lol

How's it going to penetrate? What? Do you have the thing pointed at you in the holster? I'm with Trip on this one. It'd scratch your gun up but it's probably better to slide on that than your buns. I don't want my gun scratched so I just won't ride a motorcycle. LOL

Ever watch those guys that "ski" behind a car on pavement? They're wearing metal inserts on the soles of their shoes. The metal has a lower coefficient of friction than your butt cheeks.

Last edited:

scorpio_vette

i don't wear any gear when riding. i wear whatever i left the house with. usually cargo pants and a t-shirt. if i go down at any speed, i think i'll be pretty messed up no matter if i land on a gun, curb, or other random crap laying in the road. LOL

PS: unless it's cold out. even i have to fully leather up when it's 30* out.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

impaling?

If, God forbid, I go down, my last worry will be a properly holstered pistol on my hip...

If you guys want to fall on a pistol, driving it into your side and hip if you go down at any speed over 5mph, please let us know how that works out for you.

;)

i don't wear any gear when riding. i wear whatever i left the house with. usually cargo pants and a t-shirt. if i go down at any speed, i think i'll be pretty messed up no matter if i land on a gun, curb, or other random crap laying in the road. LOL

PS: unless it's cold out. even i have to fully leather up when it's 30* out.

Nice knowing you. Can I have all your stuff?