Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOMORROW, NOV 6th

TOMORROW, NOV 6th

Sorry for the shortttt notice everyone, but tomorrow, Nov 6th (Yes, Sunday) a few people are going to be going to Champion arm's to shoot. If you are near tacoma mall, meet at 1230 for carpool, otherwise meet at champion arms by 1:00/1:15, Leaving Tacoma mall NO LATER THAN 1245. MEETING at the KRISPY CREAM'S That is right by tacoma mall for carpool.
    if you want to meet at tacoma mall, PM me your number so i can give more specific's, and so i have an efficient count to know if i need to wait for people.

I will meet you at Champion arms.

Did you fellas just not shoot enough pumpkins today?

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

You can never shoot enough lol Besides Justman1020 just got 2 new pistols he needs to break in

We did indeed shoot pumpkins today, but now, we are gonna go shoot targets, more then likely zombie targets

so, join us green

I'll see if I can come out there, was planning on taking the lady on tuesday (ladies night!). Wish I had a rear sight on my AR so I could unload a brick of .22 on those zombies.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

WHO needs rear sites when the farthest target is 25 meters????????

most likely will be there by 1:20

Yeah, im also running a little bit later then i thought, i will be leaving here at about 1230, so i will be there around 1.

Sorry justman for having to leave early and I am very sorry you had to leave also. Sig guy, it was nice to meet you, very sorry it was so brief. I wish we had more time and less bs. I'll post up a new thread explaining everything later when I cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    Sorry justman for having to leave early and I am very sorry you had to leave also. Sig guy, it was nice to meet you, very sorry it was so brief. I wish we had more time and less bs. I'll post up a new thread explaining everything later when I cool down.
    ???? This doesn't sound like a feel good story with a happy ending....
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

It's not. I was very displeased with with champion arms today. We ended up shooting at west coast armory. Very friendly place for military.

Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    It's not. I was very displeased with with champion arms today. We ended up shooting at west coast armory. Very friendly place for military.
    Care to elaborate ??

Short version:: since I'm on my phone,
    They would not let green, or my friend (who is active military) shoot hand guns at champion arms because they are not 21, even though they both had someone over 21 with them. I expecte more friendly service, they told us that every range would be like this, yet we had no issues at armory....

Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    Short version:: since I'm on my phone,
    They would not let green, or my friend (who is active military) shoot hand guns at champion arms because they are not 21, even though they both had someone over 21 with them. I expecte more friendly service, they told us that every range would be like this, yet we had no issues at armory....
    That sounds super stupid. 6 year-olds shoot at my local range with adult supervision. 18 year-olds should not be prohibited from shooting handguns. The fact that one is active military makes it worse. Did they cite a law or just say it was policy?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 11-06-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    That sounds super stupid. 6 year-olds shoot at my local range with adult supervision. 18 year-olds should not be prohibited from shooting handguns. The fact that one is active military makes it worse. Did they cite a law or just say it was policy?
    Policy, I will be speaking with another manager tomorrow on this topic and gather as much information as I can. Then I'll get the info to you guys.

It is clearly stated as policy here.

http://www.championarms.com/Policies.htm

I
    will look into changing this with the owner.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post

I
    As am I.

Please keep us up to date on this, as he was not the only one to be denied shooting privledges today.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    It is clearly stated as policy here.

http://www.championarms.com/Policies.htm

I
    Glad to hear that. What's the reasoning behind the policy?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

No issue at the "pit". My son (14) shoots my 9mm Taurus, AK-47, 12 GA shot gun, and basically anything he wants. BTW he smoked my when shooting clays (I want to kill him!) LOL. It's some of those issues that keep me going to the gravel pits, also those indoor ranges really frown on tanerite.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    No issue at the "pit". My son (14) shoots my 9mm Taurus, AK-47, 12 GA shot gun, and basically anything he wants. BTW he smoked my when shooting clays (I want to kill him!) LOL. It's some of those issues that keep me going to the gravel pits, also those indoor ranges really frown on tanerite.
    I love pits. Haven't been to champ (any range businesses) in a while. Only came because of this short notice thread and to get some time with my piece and paper.

Champion Arms Policy: http://www.championarms.com/Policies.htm

Use of the Range

You may bring your own ammo so long as you use your own firearms. If you rent our firearms, you must purchase our ammo. Your safety and the safety of other shooters is our greatest priority at Champion Arms. Using our ammo in our rental guns eliminates the possibility of a catastrophic failure of a firearm when otherwise, shooters bring their own hand-loaded ammo that is loaded beyond standard pressure limits for a given caliber.
    *You must be 21 years of age or accompanied by a parent if under 21 in order to shoot a handgun on our range.
    *You must be 21 years of age to rent a range pistol. This includes members of the military.
    *The minimum age for renting a long gun (rifle) at our range is 18.
    *The minimum age for shooting a long gun (rifle) at our range is 18 unless accompanied by a parent.
    *Children accompanied by a parent must be at least 7 years of age.

Yeah he did beat you at the pit pretty bad in clay shooting,

I do hope this policy does get changed though.

It was nice meeting you as well green. I'm sorry that happened man. West Coast Armory let's you shoot all guns at 18. Justman and I ended up going there. It was also nice to meet Moose. To bad we didn't get to shoot the 500 he bought ammo for. Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast