Thread: Coming out in the open

Coming out in the open

After Nov 1st my hand guns no longer have to be afraid of being out in the open. They no longer have to hide in their cases fearing the sun light. They can freely ride in the open in motor vehicles with out the fear of having their owners citied for an unconsitutional law.

My long guns are crying for the same right to be free from their cases to be free as they have been so many times in reasonable states like AZ, Montana ect.

They will not have to wait much longer Wis can be proud that it is joining other reasonable states in allowing these fine arms to ride freely.

Wisconsin has just a little bit more to go to have full freedom.

It is time to do away with the last few laws unconsitutional laws. (GFSZ ect)

It is time for full consitutional rights.

Keep up the good fight we are winning

I wish there was a 'Like' button on here... :-)

Get ready for the REAL Battle

I wish all of you 2nd amendment patriots in Wisconsin the best. But, once the law is in effect, get ready for a "million" exceptions allowed by a liberal judge. Each one will have to be challenged, and I am afraid to say that a good many of the exceptions may be upheld. At the end of the day, all of you good citizens will be looking over your shoulder to see if you are allowed to carry on this street or that street, this building or that building, certain times of the day or night, how to respond to an LEO request for ID, etc. etc. etc. For example, there is State preemption in Colorado, but Denver is allowed to get around it thanks to a liberal judge ruling which was upheld. All of you should celebrate, but remember, the battle has just begun. Please do not become complacent!!!

Fortunately for us our state supreme court is conservative.

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    I do not bother to go to madistan unless absolutley neccessary. There are other places to shop that do not make me want to vomit when i see all the liberals and the agenda they have. Maybe dane county should be annexed into illinois and then we can have a new capital outside madistan?

thank God for a conservative SC!!!
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Centurion

Hard work made for a conservative Wisconsin Supreme Court

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    There may have been some luck involved, but there has been a lot of hard work over the last 10 years to bring about a conservative supreme court in Wisconsin.

All the Supreme Court Judges in Wisconsin are elected.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    There may have been some luck involved, but there has been a lot of hard work over the last 10 years to bring about a conservative supreme court in Wisconsin.

All the Supreme Court Judges in Wisconsin are elected.
    Not all Supreme Court Judges in Wisconisn become apart ot the SCOW upon election. The Governor can appoint to fill a vacancy to finish a term.

And local power tripping bureaucrats can't supersede Wi. state law.

Also our current Supreme Court is an embarrassment to say the least.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    After Nov 1st my hand guns no longer have to be afraid of being out in the open. They no longer have to hide in their cases fearing the sun light. They can freely ride in the open in motor vehicles with out the fear of having their owners citied for an unconsitutional law.

My long guns are crying for the same right to be free from their cases to be free as they have been so many times in reasonable states like AZ, Montana ect.

They will not have to wait much longer Wis can be proud that it is joining other reasonable states in allowing these fine arms to ride freely.

Wisconsin has just a little bit more to go to have full freedom.

It is time to do away with the last few laws unconsitutional laws. (GFSZ ect)

It is time for full consitutional rights.

Keep up the good fight we are winning
    True progress is always a good thing!

Congrats on recent strides towards freedom.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-07-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

I went to a bar to watch the Packer game and I was really relaxed knowing that I am finally legal.

I don't wish ill of anyone but with the conservative supreme court we have I wished that another case of concealed carry would have reached it before Act 35 was drafted and made law. I am not blasting Act 35. I think even with its blemishes it is among the top five shall issue CCL's in the nation. I do think that one more concealed carry case would have had the WSC striking down 941.23 as it was then written. I think a vote to do so would be easily 4 to 3 possibly 5 to 2. The likelyhood of it being recinded now is slim because Act 35 for the most part morphed ss941.23 into essentially the Wisconsin application of the HR218 LEOSA federal law. I also thought there would be a chance that the present court might strike down Act 35 itself as being unconstitutional. Act 35 is the legislative response to the WSC dictate, by the then liberal WSC in place during the Hamdan ruling, that the legislature implement a permit system. It is unlikely any supreme court would counter act that action. Our best hope for constitutional carry rests with the legislature. We had best keep The Reps in charge and Walker and VanHollen if we hope for that to happen. In the meantoime I will bask in the victories we have made in the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I went to a bar to watch the Packer game and I was really relaxed knowing that I am finally legal.
    Getting hard to find non-posted bars around here (one's that I would frequent anyway).

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    Getting hard to find non-posted bars around here (one's that I would frequent anyway).
    There are two bar/restaurants that I frequent about 5 miles away from my house. I preemptively informed them, when it came up in casual conversation, that I would no longer frequent their establishments if they decided to post. Since I'm local and a frequent customer; that, along with liability reasons should keep them from posting.

I went to another bar this weekend about 10 miles away and there were no signs to be found there either.

P.S. I don't drink but love me some unhealthy bar food....Multiple TV's and NFL Sunday Ticket also get my attention.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Our best hope for constitutional carry rests with the legislature. We had best keep The Reps in charge and Walker and VanHollen if we hope for that to happen. In the meantoime I will bask in the victories we have made in the past year.
    Say what?

Walker wanted permits with training after we already had a Constitutional Carry w/optional permits for reciprocity Bill that was being held up by the Fitz Brothers.

Were you in a coma?

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Walker would have signed any bill the legislature sent him. To not would alienate all the gun advocates as well as others that would react to his flagrant disregard for his campaign promise. It would have been political suicide for him to not have signed whatever bill the legislature sent to his desk, esppecially with the high bi-partisan support the bill had. Unfortunately the legislature fell for his bluff and bowed to his pressure. I am convinced that there was enough bi-partisan support in the legislature to pass constitutional carry. The victory margin may not have been as great but my opinion is it would have been enough. Unfortunately the legislature listened to outside influences and took the sure road to victory. No, I wasn't in a coma.

My opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Walker would have signed any bill the legislature sent him. To not would alienate all the gun advocates as well as others that would react to his flagrant disregard for his campaign promise. It would have been political suicide for him to not have signed whatever bill the legislature sent to his desk, esppecially with the high bi-partisan support the bill had. Unfortunately the legislature fell for his bluff and bowed to his pressure. I am convinced that there was enough bi-partisan support in the legislature to pass constitutional carry. The victory margin may not have been as great but my opinion is it would have been enough. Unfortunately the legislature listened to outside influences and took the sure road to victory. No, I wasn't in a coma.

My opinion
    You are kidding right?

And with respect, if what you say is true then why did Walker open up his mouth at all? There would have been absolutely no reason too.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 11-07-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie