Thread: Congratulations To MKEgal and Joe from Tri-State Self Defense

Cool Congratulations To MKEgal and Joe from Tri-State Self Defense

CONGRATULATIONS !

Congratulations are in order for MKEgal and for Joe M from Tri-State Self Defense. (Some of you have met Joe at various WI Carry events and at my last class where Joe was the fingerprint guy.)

Joe and MKEgal visited the Yellow Cat in Utah this weekend where they both successfully completed the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor Course conducted by Utah BCI, a law enforcement entity that certifies Firearms Instructors. After the course, we all had lunch and went for a drive in the mountains, saw some spectacular mountain sights, and in general celebrated the day.

Joe is a seasoned instructor and the UT Instructor credentials add to his Michigan Instructor credentials and extensive NRA Credentials. MKEgal is new to instructing and over the past few months has earned NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, and UT BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.

After the Yellow Cat visits WI next week to teach, MKEgal will be offering NRA Pistol, UT Concealed Firearm Permit, and WI Concealed Weapon License courses in SE Wisconsin. Joe will be in SE WI on and off to offer NRA courses, UT Concealed Firearm Permit Courses, WI Concealed Weapons License classes, and advanced concealed weapons training including handgun retention and gun-fighting practical exercises.

The Yellow Cat cannot visit Wisconsin as often as he would like, but MEKgal has told me that she intends to carry on the tradition of offering instruction at reasonable prices.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Congrats to both.

And a big thanks to Joe for doing the finger printing during our class.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

This entire posting...............

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Congrats to both.

And a big thanks to Joe for doing the finger printing during our class.
    Gets Two Thumbs Up!!
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 11-06-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS !

Congratulations are in order for MKEgal and for Joe M from Tri-State Self Defense. (Some of you have met Joe at various WI Carry events and at my last class where Joe was the fingerprint guy.)

Joe and MKEgal visited the Yellow Cat in Utah this weekend where they both successfully completed the Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor Course conducted by Utah BCI, a law enforcement entity that certifies Firearms Instructors. After the course, we all had lunch and went for a drive in the mountains, saw some spectacular mountain sights, and in general celebrated the day.

Joe is a seasoned instructor and the UT Instructor credentials add to his Michigan Instructor credentials and extensive NRA Credentials. MKEgal is new to instructing and over the past few months has earned NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, and UT BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.

After the Yellow Cat visits WI next week to teach, MKEgal will be offering NRA Pistol, UT Concealed Firearm Permit, and WI Concealed Weapon License courses in SE Wisconsin. Joe will be in SE WI on and off to offer NRA courses, UT Concealed Firearm Permit Courses, WI Concealed Weapons License classes, and advanced concealed weapons training including handgun retention and gun-fighting practical exercises.

The Yellow Cat cannot visit Wisconsin as often as he would like, but MEKgal has told me that she intends to carry on the tradition of offering instruction at reasonable prices.

Yellow Cat Out -
    Yellow Cat;

Congrats to Joe and MKEgal on their milestone.
    I'm somewhat interested in obtaining the Utah teaching credentials as well. Where can I obtain more information on this subject.

Thank you.

JJC
    Last edited by JJC; 11-06-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Yellow Cat;

Congrats to Joe and MKEgal on their milestone.
    I'm somewhat interested in obtaining the Utah teaching credentials as well. Where can I obtain more information on this subject.

Thank you.

JJC
    You can get all the info you need at: link: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html

It is basically this simple:

1) You must be an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor (Pistol Discipline) or POST Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor before signing up for the Instructor Class.

2) You must already hold a valid Utah Concealed Firearm Permit.

3) Take and successfully complete the Utah BCI Instructor Course (only offered in Salt Lake or Saint George UT and only taught by BCI Personnel).

4) Complete the application and bring to or mail to UT BCI with fee, photo, etc.

5) Wait for Instructor Permit (Instructor Permit applications get expedited)

6) Have official seal made.

7) Teach

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Congrats to both!!!
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    ^ Couldn't have said it any better than this!!!! Congrats Joe and MKEgal!
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    You can get all the info you need at: link: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html

It is basically this simple:

1) You must be an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor (Pistol Discipline) or POST Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor before signing up for the Instructor Class.

2) You must already hold a valid Utah Concealed Firearm Permit.

3) Take and successfully complete the Utah BCI Instructor Course (only offered in Salt Lake or Saint George UT and only taught by BCI Personnel).

4) Complete the application and bring to or mail to UT BCI with fee, photo, etc.

5) Wait for Instructor Permit (Instructor Permit applications get expedited)

6) Have official seal made.

7) Teach

Yellow Cat Out -
    Thank You for the information. YC.
    Working on number 1.
    From what I understand my AACFI credentials might be recognized by Utah in the very near future.
    If not then I'll need to work on the NRA pistol certification.
    So I can offer Utah certification in my classes. (I'm losing clients searching for the Utah permit).

Thank You again for the info.

JJC

Congrats!
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Thank You for the information. YC.
    Working on number 1.
    From what I understand my AACFI credentials might be recognized by Utah in the very near future.
    JJC
    I do not know where you are getting your information from, but the UT Legislature sets the standard for instructors. It is not done by administrative rule making. Thus, if I were you, I would concentrate on the NRA rating and not hold my breath on a UT recognizing a limited regional training confederation (AACFI).

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Great stuff, MKEgal; you've come a long way in a short time! My hat's off to you!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

oh, good grief!

Jim, you've embarrassed me again.
    Thank you all for the congrat's & well-wishes.
    Yes, I will be offering the UT class at prices that are much closer to those offered in UT than prices usually seen in this part of the US. (Current thinking is $50.)

Very much enjoyed the visit, & even the TSA wasn't as bad as I expected (other than the first guy I encountered in MKE).
    The views around SLC were absolutely spectacular. (Even out his front window.)
    I want to go back when there's not snow on the road & take a motorcycle on some of the mountain roads.

ETA: BTW, I'm not exactly new to teaching, just to teaching firearms safety.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 11-07-2011 at 01:21 PM.