Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 99

Thread: Something from 1948 to think about

  1. #1
    Regular Member okboomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,164

    Something from 1948 to think about

    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

    Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Nice find! And so full of Tru"ism".....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Class warfare... race hatred... religious intolerance...

    All part of the history on why permit systems for carrying firearms was created.







    Last edited by carsontech; 11-08-2011 at 08:54 AM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Now, would someone please send this to the "Messiah" and his minions. Not to mention all the other Kool-aid drinkers who would give up what so many have sacrificed their lives for.

    I've seen my country go from the most powerful, richest nation on the face of the earth to, at best, a second-rate power whose riches have been squandered on those who hate the very freedoms we used to have. Don't get me wrong; it is still my country, I still love it, and I would still defend her against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

    I just most devoutly pray that those who go to the polls next year will reflect long and hard about who they cast their votes for.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Now, would someone please send this to the "Messiah" and his minions. Not to mention all the other Kool-aid drinkers who would give up what so many have sacrificed their lives for.

    I've seen my country go from the most powerful, richest nation on the face of the earth to, at best, a second-rate power whose riches have been squandered on those who hate the very freedoms we used to have. Don't get me wrong; it is still my country, I still love it, and I would still defend her against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

    I just most devoutly pray that those who go to the polls next year will reflect long and hard about who they cast their votes for.
    I have thought about it and have never voted in my life. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils. Ron Paul gets my vote. I have minor disagreements on his stances but he backs everything he stands for with the legal document that restricts the government the constitution. Most others are domestic enemies.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  6. #6
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I have thought about it and have never voted in my life. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils. Ron Paul gets my vote. I have minor disagreements on his stances but he backs everything he stands for with the legal document that restricts the government the constitution. Most others are domestic enemies.
    So you don't vote, period? So when the general election comes around and it is between King Obama and Herman Cain? You would let King Obama get re-elected? I don't get it!

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    So you don't vote, period? So when the general election comes around and it is between King Obama and Herman Cain? You would let King Obama get re-elected? I don't get it!
    I will write in Ron Paul.

    I will not give my consent to be governed by tyranny. Voting for one of those two implies that you are willing to live with and abide by who ever gets voted in. Just my personal feelings. And not meaning any insult to those who feel differently.

    Lew Rockwell put my feelings on the matter fairly succinctly and to the point. http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/67582.html


    Why I Don't Vote


    Posted by Lew Rockwell on October 21, 2010 08:59 AM
    A lot of people have asked me why I do not vote.
    1) Voting is the sacrament of the civil religion. I'm a political atheist.
    2) Not voting bugs the regime, and no wonder. Such abstinence, like not complying in other ways, weakens them. What if they held an election and nobody came?
    3) It's a pain in the neck.
    4) Your vote doesn't count, unless the election is decided by a single vote. You are far more likely to be killed on the way to the polls than to have that happen.
    5) The candidates itch to rule others. There is no lesser evil.
    6) Politics is not our salvation. Indeed, the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom.


    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Not a problem.

    But do not ever let me hear a single complaint come from you about what a mess the government has made of anything. You have not earned the right.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  9. #9
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I will write in Ron Paul.

    I will not give my consent to be governed by tyranny. Voting for one of those two implies that you are willing to live with and abide by who ever gets voted in. Just my personal feelings. And not meaning any insult to those who feel differently.

    Lew Rockwell put my feelings on the matter fairly succinctly and to the point. http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...ves/67582.html


    Why I Don't Vote


    Posted by Lew Rockwell on October 21, 2010 08:59 AM
    A lot of people have asked me why I do not vote.
    1) Voting is the sacrament of the civil religion. I'm a political atheist.
    2) Not voting bugs the regime, and no wonder. Such abstinence, like not complying in other ways, weakens them. What if they held an election and nobody came?
    3) It's a pain in the neck.
    4) Your vote doesn't count, unless the election is decided by a single vote. You are far more likely to be killed on the way to the polls than to have that happen.
    5) The candidates itch to rule others. There is no lesser evil.
    6) Politics is not our salvation. Indeed, the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom.


    And that is fine.....

    However, I hope you keep that same philosophy when complaining about how the government does/doesn't do according to your thoughts. IF you vote, you have the right to criticize or praise...when you don't and you do, then you have no credibility, IMO. I have an uncle who floats along your lines and follows the LRC...he changes his tin hat weekly.

    No offense, but IMO, The LRC is to the right what the Huffington Post is to the left.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I disagree. Just because I haven't given my consent to the process doesn't mean I don't have the right to complain. I simply won't vote for the lesser of two Evils. Ron Paul will get my vote because in my mind he doesn't fit this mold.


    The notoriously corrupt New York politician Boss Tweed once said, "You may elect whatever candidates you please to office, if you will allow me to select the candidates." In short, by the time names are on the ballot, the fix is in. And apathy becomes a reasonable response.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/mcelroy/mcelroy37.html

    I
    simply wont vote for one unconstitutional liberty tyrant over the other. Now if the politicians kept the constitution in mind and the limited enumerated powers granted them, voting wouldn' matter much either because they really wouldn't have that much of an affect in our lives.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 11-10-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Because you don't vote...you allow it to happen. Same thing.

  12. #12
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241
    Is the ISM salesman the voice of "Henry Potter Building and Loan"?

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Because you don't vote...you allow it to happen. Same thing.
    It's an interesting position, and one I have thought about but because I am going to vote for Ron Paul, I hear from some that I am wasting my vote.

    Think about it if no one voted, the illusion they are doing what they are doing by our consent would be gone. If you do the math it already is gone.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Knob Noster, MO
    Posts
    451

    Why don't they make cartoons like this anymore?!?!!?!

    Today we have Spongebob Squarepants, Adventure-time, & Aqua-teen hummer force. No wonder kids don't know anything these days.

    Sour grapes aside, that is an awesome video. Thanks for posting.
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    Spoiler Alert!

    "Working together to produce and ever-greater abundance of material and spiritual values for all. That is the secret of American prosperity."

    When people hack away at the "spiritual" half of that very successful equation, it's like trying to drive on two flat tires. As a good friend observed, "surfing is meaningless without a deep satisfying faith in something more."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Excellent stuff. If only the people of today weren't so easily taken in by the "ism" salesman.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    It's an interesting position, and one I have thought about but because I am going to vote for Ron Paul, I hear from some that I am wasting my vote.

    Think about it if no one voted, the illusion they are doing what they are doing by our consent would be gone. If you do the math it already is gone.
    Your hypothetical conclusion about no one voting is a straw argument. It's a pie-in-the-sky assumption. It's kind of like, 'if we love each other, we won't hurt each other, therefore we don't need armies'. In reality, it doesn't fly.

    I'm not attacking your choice to vote for....by all means vote for who you want to in the primaries; however, if your guy doesn't make it to the main event, support the guy who gets the closest to your guy. Here is the choice you make when you don't vote, the other guy wins. Most recent example is McCain. Many conservatives didn't show and many flip-floppers fell for the koolaid provided by King Obama. Did I like McCain, nope, my guy didn't make it; but I didn't like Obama even more. I would have rather voted for McCain than let (by not voting) Obama get elected.

    So, your vote does count, one way or another.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    113

    Here is a completely related video...

    ...all about how your freedoms have been taken apart. Interesting stuff from the early 1980's, about 30 years ago.

    Like a virus, subversion is resistant to most known treatments.

    It is nice to know what is happening and what the next steps are of the program we are currently running.

    Exodus 21:12-14

    Click here for some Common Sense

  19. #19
    Regular Member okboomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,164
    Reminds me of the book "Subliminal Seduction" in which the authors exposed the underprinting, flashes of popcorn on the screen at movies, etc. used in advertising to seduce people into buying their product. I don't know if the book is still in publication ... it was in my parents' house during the 1960s/1970s ... quite an eye-opener.

    Also, this month's NRA publications is advertising a BoR book aimed at children ... might be something to buy a case of and donate to your local school or library.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

    Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    113
    With all due respect Okboomer, you could not have possibly veiwed the entire video I posted unless you have seen it before. I am still running it and I started shortly before I posted. I have seen this vidio before though.



    Boys and girls, you had best pay attention to Yuri Bezmenov. He was an "ISM" salesman before he saw the light.He is very entertaing and will make you laugh a little. Every patriot needs to be aware of the tactics used in the past, tactics used today, and what your future holds. Watch and pay attention now, before it is too late.
    Exodus 21:12-14

    Click here for some Common Sense

  21. #21
    Regular Member okboomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,164
    I have it running in another window in the background ... I can still browse the forum in my active window with it running
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

    Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    113
    10-4 Brother! s.K going 10-7, out.
    Exodus 21:12-14

    Click here for some Common Sense

  23. #23
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Not a problem.

    But do not ever let me hear a single complaint come from you about what a mess the government has made of anything. You have not earned the right.

    stay safe.
    Cute. So, 'rights' are earned? If this is the stance of Conservatives, 'tea party' folks, and right-wingers(?), then I am surely voting for President Obama, again.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 11-21-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  24. #24
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Excellent stuff. If only the people of today weren't so easily taken in by the "ism" salesman.
    Such as Capitalism? Such as self-Determinism? Such as Individualism? Such as Conservativism? Such as Militarism? You are right, if individuals were not so easily taken by 'ism' sales-men.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    I am surely voting for President Obama, again.
    Was there ever any doubt?
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 11-21-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •