• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something from 1948 to think about

okboomer

[video=youtube;mVh75ylAUXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVh75ylAUXY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

carsontech

Activist Member
Class warfare... race hatred... religious intolerance...

All part of the history on why permit systems for carrying firearms was created.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

knowing_2.png

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Now, would someone please send this to the "Messiah" and his minions. Not to mention all the other Kool-aid drinkers who would give up what so many have sacrificed their lives for.

I've seen my country go from the most powerful, richest nation on the face of the earth to, at best, a second-rate power whose riches have been squandered on those who hate the very freedoms we used to have. Don't get me wrong; it is still my country, I still love it, and I would still defend her against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I just most devoutly pray that those who go to the polls next year will reflect long and hard about who they cast their votes for.

sudden valley gunner

Now, would someone please send this to the "Messiah" and his minions. Not to mention all the other Kool-aid drinkers who would give up what so many have sacrificed their lives for.

I've seen my country go from the most powerful, richest nation on the face of the earth to, at best, a second-rate power whose riches have been squandered on those who hate the very freedoms we used to have. Don't get me wrong; it is still my country, I still love it, and I would still defend her against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

I just most devoutly pray that those who go to the polls next year will reflect long and hard about who they cast their votes for.

I have thought about it and have never voted in my life. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils. Ron Paul gets my vote. I have minor disagreements on his stances but he backs everything he stands for with the legal document that restricts the government the constitution. Most others are domestic enemies.

Redbaron007

I have thought about it and have never voted in my life. I will not vote for the lesser of two evils. Ron Paul gets my vote. I have minor disagreements on his stances but he backs everything he stands for with the legal document that restricts the government the constitution. Most others are domestic enemies.

So you don't vote, period? So when the general election comes around and it is between King Obama and Herman Cain? You would let King Obama get re-elected? I don't get it! :banghead:

sudden valley gunner

So you don't vote, period? So when the general election comes around and it is between King Obama and Herman Cain? You would let King Obama get re-elected? I don't get it! :banghead:

I will write in Ron Paul.

I will not give my consent to be governed by tyranny. Voting for one of those two implies that you are willing to live with and abide by who ever gets voted in. Just my personal feelings. And not meaning any insult to those who feel differently.

Lew Rockwell put my feelings on the matter fairly succinctly and to the point. http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/67582.html

[h=1]
Why I Don't Vote
[/h]Posted by Lew Rockwell on October 21, 2010 08:59 AM
A lot of people have asked me why I do not vote.
1) Voting is the sacrament of the civil religion. I'm a political atheist.
2) Not voting bugs the regime, and no wonder. Such abstinence, like not complying in other ways, weakens them. What if they held an election and nobody came?
3) It's a pain in the neck.
4) Your vote doesn't count, unless the election is decided by a single vote. You are far more likely to be killed on the way to the polls than to have that happen.
5) The candidates itch to rule others. There is no lesser evil.
6) Politics is not our salvation. Indeed, the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not a problem.

But do not ever let me hear a single complaint come from you about what a mess the government has made of anything. You have not earned the right.

stay safe.

Redbaron007

I will write in Ron Paul.

I will not give my consent to be governed by tyranny. Voting for one of those two implies that you are willing to live with and abide by who ever gets voted in. Just my personal feelings. And not meaning any insult to those who feel differently.

Lew Rockwell put my feelings on the matter fairly succinctly and to the point. http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/67582.html

Why I Don't Vote

Posted by Lew Rockwell on October 21, 2010 08:59 AM
A lot of people have asked me why I do not vote.
1) Voting is the sacrament of the civil religion. I'm a political atheist.
2) Not voting bugs the regime, and no wonder. Such abstinence, like not complying in other ways, weakens them. What if they held an election and nobody came?
3) It's a pain in the neck.
4) Your vote doesn't count, unless the election is decided by a single vote. You are far more likely to be killed on the way to the polls than to have that happen.
5) The candidates itch to rule others. There is no lesser evil.
6) Politics is not our salvation. Indeed, the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom.

And that is fine.....

However, I hope you keep that same philosophy when complaining about how the government does/doesn't do according to your thoughts. IF you vote, you have the right to criticize or praise...when you don't and you do, then you have no credibility, IMO. I have an uncle who floats along your lines and follows the LRC...he changes his tin hat weekly.

No offense, but IMO, The LRC is to the right what the Huffington Post is to the left. :shocker:

sudden valley gunner

I disagree. Just because I haven't given my consent to the process doesn't mean I don't have the right to complain. I simply won't vote for the lesser of two Evils. Ron Paul will get my vote because in my mind he doesn't fit this mold.

The notoriously corrupt New York politician Boss Tweed once said, "You may elect whatever candidates you please to office, if you will allow me to select the candidates." In short, by the time names are on the ballot, the fix is in. And apathy becomes a reasonable response.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/mcelroy/mcelroy37.html

I
simply wont vote for one unconstitutional liberty tyrant over the other. Now if the politicians kept the constitution in mind and the limited enumerated powers granted them, voting wouldn' matter much either because they really wouldn't have that much of an affect in our lives.

Last edited:

jbone

Is the ISM salesman the voice of "Henry Potter Building and Loan"?

sudden valley gunner

Because you don't vote...you allow it to happen. Same thing.

It's an interesting position, and one I have thought about but because I am going to vote for Ron Paul, I hear from some that I am wasting my vote.

Think about it if no one voted, the illusion they are doing what they are doing by our consent would be gone. If you do the math it already is gone.

frommycolddeadhands

Why don't they make cartoons like this anymore?!?!!?!

Today we have Spongebob Squarepants, Adventure-time, & Aqua-teen hummer force. No wonder kids don't know anything these days.

Sour grapes aside, that is an awesome video. Thanks for posting.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Spoiler Alert!

"Working together to produce and ever-greater abundance of material and spiritual values for all. That is the secret of American prosperity."

When people hack away at the "spiritual" half of that very successful equation, it's like trying to drive on two flat tires. As a good friend observed, "surfing is meaningless without a deep satisfying faith in something more."

Redbaron007

It's an interesting position, and one I have thought about but because I am going to vote for Ron Paul, I hear from some that I am wasting my vote.

Think about it if no one voted, the illusion they are doing what they are doing by our consent would be gone. If you do the math it already is gone.

Your hypothetical conclusion about no one voting is a straw argument. It's a pie-in-the-sky assumption. It's kind of like, 'if we love each other, we won't hurt each other, therefore we don't need armies'. In reality, it doesn't fly.

I'm not attacking your choice to vote for....by all means vote for who you want to in the primaries; however, if your guy doesn't make it to the main event, support the guy who gets the closest to your guy. Here is the choice you make when you don't vote, the other guy wins. Most recent example is McCain. Many conservatives didn't show and many flip-floppers fell for the koolaid provided by King Obama. Did I like McCain, nope, my guy didn't make it; but I didn't like Obama even more. I would have rather voted for McCain than let (by not voting) Obama get elected.

So, your vote does count, one way or another.

SourKraut

Here is a completely related video...

...all about how your freedoms have been taken apart. Interesting stuff from the early 1980's, about 30 years ago.

Like a virus, subversion is resistant to most known treatments.

It is nice to know what is happening and what the next steps are of the program we are currently running.

[video=youtube;5gnpCqsXE8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

okboomer

Reminds me of the book "Subliminal Seduction" in which the authors exposed the underprinting, flashes of popcorn on the screen at movies, etc. used in advertising to seduce people into buying their product. I don't know if the book is still in publication ... it was in my parents' house during the 1960s/1970s ... quite an eye-opener.

Also, this month's NRA publications is advertising a BoR book aimed at children ... might be something to buy a case of and donate to your local school or library.

SourKraut

With all due respect Okboomer, you could not have possibly veiwed the entire video I posted unless you have seen it before. I am still running it and I started shortly before I posted. I have seen this vidio before though.

1.gif

Boys and girls, you had best pay attention to Yuri Bezmenov. He was an "ISM" salesman before he saw the light.He is very entertaing and will make you laugh a little. Every patriot needs to be aware of the tactics used in the past, tactics used today, and what your future holds. Watch and pay attention now, before it is too late.