• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now they are after your food

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not your usual 4th Amendment story, but an excellent bit of instruction on why one should know their basic Constitutional rights even if they have no intention of keeping and bearing arms, let alone exercising the right peaceably to assemble.

It sure seems as if the Southern Nevada Health District never got the memo about the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects [that would be their food, in this case], against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

It sounds like those folks have legal representation pretty well lined up. I plan to follow this case just to see how far the state wants to try and go with it.

stay safe.

Daylen

This is why one should not ever try to comply with laws because a bureaucrat says so; they are probably lying and need to be told to leave the property. I'm reminded of Heinlein's quote about drinking and tax collectors, perhaps it should have included other bureaucrats.

hermannr

There is something distinctly wrong here. I cannot even imagin how I would react, probably start at the beginning...no, I'm not going to apply for any "license" to have a private dinner on my own farm.

Years ago we sold raw milk and I know what the health department can be like, but this is just someone who has an overinflated idea of their own importance.

I too am VERY interested in what happens in court with this. Someone needs to puncture that "Susan" persons balloon really badly. I would hope this costs the department dearly.

zoom6zoom

Mary? No, we haven't seen Mary. Are you sure she was coming here? Excuse me a moment, my husband's leaving for town and I need to remind him to pick up a few more sacks of lime.