• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

22 revolver

skyisfalling

Beretta  U22 Neos  R32976.jpgHeritage MFG.  Rough Rider .22   E16638.jpg

I own a Rough Rider and a Beretta Neos. Love 'em both.

If you can only buy one .22 , I highly encourage you to consider
the Beretta Neos. 3000 rounds perfect. Super reliable, super fun.
Thin and light weight. My "go-to" .22 pistol. $300.

The Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider is a fun little western shooter.
This is my dedicated off-hand gun. So far, reliable, only 600 rounds.
The action feels great. However, I am not as impressed with the .22
WMR cylinder. Not as accurate as the .22LR cylinder. I bought the top
of the line model with adjustable fiber-optics sights and 6.5 inch barrel.
Mine was $300 , but you can get 'em for less.

robin.kevin

Those Rough Riders are nice but I hear they are hit or miss in that some of them are a little too rough... However they say the same thing about Kel-Tecs and I love mine. Personally I have never handle one, have thought about getting on myself a few times.

Over the past few months I have seen a lot of nice .22 revolvers posted on Armslist in the Kentucky section... there's only a few there now but I bet you could get that Savage .22 for a steal if they still have it.
http://www.armslist.com/p/2757?retu...tucky/handguns?tag=revolver&tag=22-long-rifle

It just depends on what you want... Charter Arms makes a nice .22 Pathfinder that can be had for less than $300 used as well if you keep your eyes open, its a little more modern of a design compare to some of the cowboy shooters you see.

Alexcabbie

Visit a few pawn shops, they are home to amazing bargains. I saw a S&W .22 version of the Combat Masterpiece in a pawnshop a few months ago for $250; but I was on duty in the cab and when I came back the next day it was gone.