• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun Steel Match at Renton Fish and Game Club

oldkim

Fun Steel Match at the Renton Fish and Game Club

We invite shooters from all disciplines to shoot their favorite handgun in a friendly steel competition.
Second Saturday of the month on the following dates:
November 12
December 10
January 14
February 11

Fun Steel will generally consist of four stages with five steel targets each. Courses of fire will vary from month to month and will run between 80 and 100 rounds minimum. In an ordinary 5-target stage, the shooter will shoot each stage five times and keep the best of four runs. Your total time is your score. It is that simple.

Registration starts at 9:00 am and will begin shooting promptly at 10:00 am. If you have not shot an IDPA, IPSC or Cowboy match at RFGC before, you will be required to attend the new shooter orientation at 9:00 am.

Competition divisions consist of:
Rimfire
Semi-automatic pistol (9mm/38 special and over)
Single-action revolver (9mm/38 special and over)
Double-action revolver (9mm/38 special and over)
Each division competes as either:
Iron sight: to include fiber optic sights.
Open: to include scopes, red dots and lasers.

What: Four (4) stages, 80 to 100 rounds minimum.
When: Second Saturday at 10:00 am – November through February.
Where: Renton Fish and Game Club. 17205 S.E. 144th Street, Renton
Cost: The entry fee is $10 per division. A shooter may compete in up to two (2) divisions.
Note: IDPA, IPSC, Cowboy Action or RFGC membership not required. New shooters must show up at 9:00 am for orientation.

We look forward to seeing you at the range!

Check out www.shootonthemove.org/funsteel for more information.

We need volunteers! If you are a safety/range officer with IDPA, IPSC, Cowboy Action or RFGC, let us know. The first four SOs to register shoot free!

Email RentonFunSteel@gmail.com for more information.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
BTW I contacted the club, if you have kids that know how to handle a gun safely they are welcome too. I can't make this one, but maybe the Dec one.