Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: banks that are NOT posting?

banks that are NOT posting?

Glacier Hills Credit Union in west bend has big signs telling criminals their bank contains defenseless people, so we are looking to switch to a new bank. I'm not surprised they posted since the person I originally asked about it actually thought it was illegal to bring weapons into a bank...

I am considering landmark credit union. Does anyone know if they have posted or not? I'd prefer to stay with a credit union and/or local bank.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Associated Bank is not posting

I was told that US Bank will not be posting.

Nik said WCI has their account with Associated and they will not post.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Glacier Hills Credit Union in west bend has big signs telling criminals their bank contains defenseless people, so we are looking to switch to a new bank. I'm not surprised they posted since the person I originally asked about it actually thought it was illegal to bring weapons into a bank...

I am considering landmark credit union. Does anyone know if they have posted or not? I'd prefer to stay with a credit union and/or local bank.
    Landmark is posted.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1640801
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

DAMN that sucks. I really wanted to stay with a credit union.

Looks like westbury is where we'll go.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/ban...133303908.html
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    wccu credit union posted
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

I have not seen US Bank posted (been to 2 branches since 11/1), glad I don't have to change.

I was told that M&I won't be posting - haven't been to a branch to check yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by kwarnimo View Post
    I was told that M&I won't be posting - haven't been to a branch to check yet though.
    They were posted, but since BMO bought them, no decision has been made to post.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Heartland Credit Union posted, or at least they will be - had not yet as of Nov. 3rd which was the last time I was at my local branch. But I inquired regarding this with the CEO and they got back to me today. No surprise, she donated to Baldwin and Feingold. I just switched to them from UW Credit Union as well, guess I'll be switching once again.

I wonder if she thinks the individual whom robbed at gunpoint and fired a shot at the branch I conduct business at would have seen a "no firearms" sign and thought "aww shucks" and went on to rob a different bank?

Hi Mike,

Heartland Credit Union has posted No Firearms or Weapons allowed on our premises, due to the fact that we are a financial institution.

Our concerns are with the safety and peace of mind of our staff.

I can appreciate the rights of all individuals, and hope you understand our position.

Thank you

Sally Dischler | Heartland Credit Union | President / CEO

P: 608.268.7327 | F: 608.282.7036 | sdischler@heartlandcu.org

It's different in the heartland.

http://www.citizensbanking.com/

Citizens Republic Bancorp (please note the difference in the various Citizens Banks) which operates in WI as Citizens Bank has chosen NOT to post. I read an internal memo over there about their decision due to the liability.

I will probably open a children's account with them as a reward...

Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    Hi Mike,

Heartland Credit Union has posted No Firearms or Weapons allowed on our premises, due to the fact that we are a financial institution.

Our concerns are with the safety and peace of mind of our staff.

I can appreciate the rights of all individuals, and hope you understand our position.

Thank you

Sally Dischler | Heartland Credit Union | President / CEO

P: 608.268.7327 | F: 608.282.7036 | sdischler@heartlandcu.org

It's different in the heartland.

I find it amusing that they prefer the "peace of mind of our staff" over that of their members who are law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by adhurt View Post
    I find it amusing that they prefer the "peace of mind of our staff" over that of their members who are law abiding citizens.
    Yep, I wrote her back explaining the usual points - criminals don't care what your sign says... and went on to note how an individual who has a concealed carry license isn't a felon, no domestic violence, etc...

I believe I'll be switching to Associated Bank if they do indeed not choose to post. Not sure if Copp's Grocery stores have posted or not, but turns out Associated Bank has branches inside Copp's that are open till 7pm on weekdays and even have Sunday hours.

I had a discussion with the branch mgr of Assoc Bank on East Wash by the mall...he told me they werent planning on posting....AND, heard on the radio today, Cub Foods is closing their Madison stores by January. No more banking in there...

soon I will be opening an account @ Associated Bank & then slowly transitioning my banking over to Associated ( automatic monthly withdraws, etc ) , then closing my account at Northshore Bank...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

In Eau Claire

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin will not be posting. A lady at my church works there and said all employees recived an email stating that they are not posting and employees are not allowed to ask anyone carrying to leave.

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin
    2720 Golf Rd
    Eau Claire WI 54701

PNC Bank is posted, or at least the branch in Germantown is.

However, in one of the JournalSentinel articles posted about it, the regional VP or some such person stated they wouldn't be posting.

Either way, the sign at the branch in G-Town is nonconforming, and may just be left over from whatever that bank was before PNC acquired it.

Quote Originally Posted by lance galloway View Post
    In Eau Claire

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin will not be posting. A lady at my church works there and said all employees recived an email stating that they are not posting and employees are not allowed to ask anyone carrying to leave.

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin
    2720 Golf Rd
    Eau Claire WI 54701
    Thank you, Lance. My wife and I will most likely be transferring our banking to an establishment other than RCU. I've been an RCU customer for nearly 20 years now, and have just about had it with them.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

chase said they wont be posting

Quote Originally Posted by bluehighways View Post
    Thank you, Lance. My wife and I will most likely be transferring our banking to an establishment other than RCU. I've been an RCU customer for nearly 20 years now, and have just about had it with them.

Same here my parents opened an account for me at RCU when I was 1 year old so I have been a member for 23+ years.

For what little this may be worth no U.S. Bank locations in MO are posted and never have been. As the new wears off this new concealed law in WI more signs will come down from business that have jumped on the no guns allowed bandwagon. At least that is what happened here in MO.

M&I Banks have posted and after 25 years with them, I have closed my account!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by wiscollector View Post
    Here is the email I sent to RCU.......................

I am a member at RCU for years.

I am very disappointed that RCU does not recognize my 2nd amendment right or my State rights.

Criminals will not obey the sign, that's why they are criminals.

All your signs do is prevent honest, law abiding persons from protecting themselves.

In fact, under the new State LAW, posting signs at your locations places liability on RCU for any person being harmed by a criminal using a firearm.

If RCU did not post signs, RCU would have been protected from liability.

So..............what have the signs done?

1. RCU has upset many of its members by posting.

2. RCU is now liable for any firearms incident.

3. RCU has provided criminals a gun free zone where criminals are aware that no one is armed at the location to stop them.

I cant see ANY positive benefit that RCU is getting from posting.

I am considering closing my many accounts and doing business elsewhere, where I am respected as a valued customer.

Here is their reply...................

Thank you for your e-mail and being an RCU Member. We have put this policy into place to comply with the act listed below.

Our policy is written to comply with the 2011 Wisconsin Act 35 or what is commonly known as the state’s Concealed Carry Law. For the purposes of this policy, the law defines a concealed weapon as being handguns, electric weapons (such as a Taser®), knives other than switchblades, and billy clubs. Royal Credit Union (RCU) wishes to restrict concealed weapons from being carried at an RCU location or event by the public or employee of RCU. Exceptions to this policy are law enforcement and security personnel (i.e., armored car employees).

Our decision to post signage restricting concealed carry is based on the determination that any robbery of a financial institution almost always involves a weapon, and we wish to reduce this risk for our employees. We hope you will understand.

Thank you,
    Lorali
    I'm guessing they watched this video:

Wait, are you trying to say criminals will just ignore the sign? /sarcasm

Our decision to post signage restricting concealed carry is based on the determination that any robbery of a financial institution almost always involves a weapon, and we wish to reduce this risk for our employees.
    No person can possibly be that stupid. That has to be a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast