• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

banks that are NOT posting?

bmwguy11

Glacier Hills Credit Union in west bend has big signs telling criminals their bank contains defenseless people, so we are looking to switch to a new bank. I'm not surprised they posted since the person I originally asked about it actually thought it was illegal to bring weapons into a bank...

I am considering landmark credit union. Does anyone know if they have posted or not? I'd prefer to stay with a credit union and/or local bank.

protias

Nik said WCI has their account with Associated and they will not post.

Glacier Hills Credit Union in west bend has big signs telling criminals their bank contains defenseless people, so we are looking to switch to a new bank. I'm not surprised they posted since the person I originally asked about it actually thought it was illegal to bring weapons into a bank...

I am considering landmark credit union. Does anyone know if they have posted or not? I'd prefer to stay with a credit union and/or local bank.

Landmark is posted.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...n-our-rights&p=1640801&viewfull=1#post1640801

svelectric

I have not seen US Bank posted (been to 2 branches since 11/1), glad I don't have to change.

kwarnimo

I was told that M&I won't be posting - haven't been to a branch to check yet though.

msteinhilber

Heartland Credit Union posted, or at least they will be - had not yet as of Nov. 3rd which was the last time I was at my local branch. But I inquired regarding this with the CEO and they got back to me today. No surprise, she donated to Baldwin and Feingold. I just switched to them from UW Credit Union as well, guess I'll be switching once again.

I wonder if she thinks the individual whom robbed at gunpoint and fired a shot at the branch I conduct business at would have seen a "no firearms" sign and thought "aww shucks" and went on to rob a different bank?

Hi Mike,

Heartland Credit Union has posted No Firearms or Weapons allowed on our premises, due to the fact that we are a financial institution.

Our concerns are with the safety and peace of mind of our staff.

I can appreciate the rights of all individuals, and hope you understand our position.

Thank you

Sally Dischler | Heartland Credit Union | President / CEO

P: 608.268.7327 | F: 608.282.7036 | sdischler@heartlandcu.org

It's different in the heartland.

adhurt

http://www.citizensbanking.com/

Citizens Republic Bancorp (please note the difference in the various Citizens Banks) which operates in WI as Citizens Bank has chosen NOT to post. I read an internal memo over there about their decision due to the liability.

I will probably open a children's account with them as a reward... :p

adhurt

Hi Mike,

Heartland Credit Union has posted No Firearms or Weapons allowed on our premises, due to the fact that we are a financial institution.

Our concerns are with the safety and peace of mind of our staff.

I can appreciate the rights of all individuals, and hope you understand our position.

Thank you

Sally Dischler | Heartland Credit Union | President / CEO

P: 608.268.7327 | F: 608.282.7036 | sdischler@heartlandcu.org

It's different in the heartland.

I find it amusing that they prefer the "peace of mind of our staff" over that of their members who are law abiding citizens.

msteinhilber

I find it amusing that they prefer the "peace of mind of our staff" over that of their members who are law abiding citizens.

Yep, I wrote her back explaining the usual points - criminals don't care what your sign says... and went on to note how an individual who has a concealed carry license isn't a felon, no domestic violence, etc...

I believe I'll be switching to Associated Bank if they do indeed not choose to post. Not sure if Copp's Grocery stores have posted or not, but turns out Associated Bank has branches inside Copp's that are open till 7pm on weekdays and even have Sunday hours.

GlockRDH

I had a discussion with the branch mgr of Assoc Bank on East Wash by the mall...he told me they werent planning on posting....AND, heard on the radio today, Cub Foods is closing their Madison stores by January. No more banking in there...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
soon I will be opening an account @ Associated Bank & then slowly transitioning my banking over to Associated ( automatic monthly withdraws, etc ) , then closing my account at Northshore Bank...

lance galloway

In Eau Claire

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin will not be posting. A lady at my church works there and said all employees recived an email stating that they are not posting and employees are not allowed to ask anyone carrying to leave.:D

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin
2720 Golf Rd
Eau Claire WI 54701

otter

PNC Bank is posted, or at least the branch in Germantown is.

However, in one of the JournalSentinel articles posted about it, the regional VP or some such person stated they wouldn't be posting.

Either way, the sign at the branch in G-Town is nonconforming, and may just be left over from whatever that bank was before PNC acquired it.

bluehighways

In Eau Claire

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin will not be posting. A lady at my church works there and said all employees recived an email stating that they are not posting and employees are not allowed to ask anyone carrying to leave.:D

Peoples Bank of Wisconsin
2720 Golf Rd
Eau Claire WI 54701

Thank you, Lance. My wife and I will most likely be transferring our banking to an establishment other than RCU. I've been an RCU customer for nearly 20 years now, and have just about had it with them.