• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

banks that are NOT posting?

wiscollector

Banned
For RCU members.............PLEASE call or write or Email them and tell how you feel.

Ask to speak to a manager.

Ive got a call, letter and email in with them and the more they get the better.

For what little this may be worth no U.S. Bank locations in MO are posted and never have been. As the new wears off this new concealed law in WI more signs will come down from business that have jumped on the no guns allowed bandwagon. At least that is what happened here in MO.

wiscollector

Banned
Here is the email I sent to RCU.......................

I am a member at RCU for years.

I am very disappointed that RCU does not recognize my 2nd amendment right or my State rights.

Criminals will not obey the sign, that's why they are criminals.

All your signs do is prevent honest, law abiding persons from protecting themselves.

In fact, under the new State LAW, posting signs at your locations places liability on RCU for any person being harmed by a criminal using a firearm.

If RCU did not post signs, RCU would have been protected from liability.

So..............what have the signs done?

1. RCU has upset many of its members by posting.

2. RCU is now liable for any firearms incident.

3. RCU has provided criminals a gun free zone where criminals are aware that no one is armed at the location to stop them.

I cant see ANY positive benefit that RCU is getting from posting.

I am considering closing my many accounts and doing business elsewhere, where I am respected as a valued customer.

Here is their reply...................

Thank you for your e-mail and being an RCU Member. We have put this policy into place to comply with the act listed below.

Our policy is written to comply with the 2011 Wisconsin Act 35 or what is commonly known as the state’s Concealed Carry Law. For the purposes of this policy, the law defines a concealed weapon as being handguns, electric weapons (such as a Taser®), knives other than switchblades, and billy clubs. Royal Credit Union (RCU) wishes to restrict concealed weapons from being carried at an RCU location or event by the public or employee of RCU. Exceptions to this policy are law enforcement and security personnel (i.e., armored car employees).

Our decision to post signage restricting concealed carry is based on the determination that any robbery of a financial institution almost always involves a weapon, and we wish to reduce this risk for our employees. We hope you will understand.

Thank you,
Lorali

protias

Here is the email I sent to RCU.......................

I am a member at RCU for years.

I am very disappointed that RCU does not recognize my 2nd amendment right or my State rights.

Criminals will not obey the sign, that's why they are criminals.

All your signs do is prevent honest, law abiding persons from protecting themselves.

In fact, under the new State LAW, posting signs at your locations places liability on RCU for any person being harmed by a criminal using a firearm.

If RCU did not post signs, RCU would have been protected from liability.

So..............what have the signs done?

1. RCU has upset many of its members by posting.

2. RCU is now liable for any firearms incident.

3. RCU has provided criminals a gun free zone where criminals are aware that no one is armed at the location to stop them.

I cant see ANY positive benefit that RCU is getting from posting.

I am considering closing my many accounts and doing business elsewhere, where I am respected as a valued customer.

Here is their reply...................

Thank you for your e-mail and being an RCU Member. We have put this policy into place to comply with the act listed below.

Our policy is written to comply with the 2011 Wisconsin Act 35 or what is commonly known as the state’s Concealed Carry Law. For the purposes of this policy, the law defines a concealed weapon as being handguns, electric weapons (such as a Taser®), knives other than switchblades, and billy clubs. Royal Credit Union (RCU) wishes to restrict concealed weapons from being carried at an RCU location or event by the public or employee of RCU. Exceptions to this policy are law enforcement and security personnel (i.e., armored car employees).

Our decision to post signage restricting concealed carry is based on the determination that any robbery of a financial institution almost always involves a weapon, and we wish to reduce this risk for our employees. We hope you will understand.

Thank you,
Lorali

I'm guessing they watched this video:

[video=youtube;S7pGt_O1uM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/video]

Wait, are you trying to say criminals will just ignore the sign? /sarcasm

bmwguy11

Our decision to post signage restricting concealed carry is based on the determination that any robbery of a financial institution almost always involves a weapon, and we wish to reduce this risk for our employees.
No person can possibly be that stupid. That has to be a joke.

adhurt

No person can possibly be that stupid. That has to be a joke.

Unfortunately, this trend at Wisconsin credit unions seems to be a knee jerk reaction to the legislation instead of a well thought through policy. Most of these policies are driven by the CU's board of directors, not the individual employees. Please make sure you comments are directed to senior management of those organizations.

Fast Ed

M&I

I was at an M&I branch this morning. Although I did not do a particularly thorough search, I didn't see any sign prohibiting guns or carrying concealed or anything. Law says the signs must be conspicuous. I looked quickly on the way in and quickly on the way out and didn't see anything.

Fast Ed

stickbow95

Neither First National Bank of Eagle River, nor Ripco Credit Union in Rhinelander are posted.

If I'm not mistaken, Ripco CU recently purchased Nicolet CU, located in Eagle River. However, I haven't been there to see if the building is posted.

Next time I am in St. Germain, I plan on checking the First National branch there as well.

protias

I was at an M&I branch this morning. Although I did not do a particularly thorough search, I didn't see any sign prohibiting guns or carrying concealed or anything. Law says the signs must be conspicuous. I looked quickly on the way in and quickly on the way out and didn't see anything.

Fast Ed

M&I was purchased by BMO, which hasn't made a decision to post or not (most likely not).