Thread: Committee suspends training requirement for concealed weapons

Herr Heckler Koch

Committee suspends training requirement for concealed weapons

PLEASE....Start calling the DOJ to voice your opinion

Just got off the phone, talked to Mark and he told me the 4 hour requirement has been lifted but doesn't know when it will take effect.

Said training still must be instructor led and a decimated NOOOOO to online training specifically not the MD online training.

I really don't think this is totally accurate by the way he was hesitating.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

According to the article, the 4 hour requirement is the only one lifted. Therefore, any other requirement outlined in the DOJ emergency rules would still be in place... no?
    Last edited by Trip20; 11-07-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch

According to the article

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    According to the article, the 4 hour requirement is the only one lifted. Therefore, any other requirement outlined in the DOJ emergency rules would still be in place... no?
    According to the article.

Just watched this on wiseye. And I QUOTE JB van hollen:

"The only ones who are really complaining are the NRA and employees of the NRA. The general public is not complaining, and the 2nd amendment community has given us considerable support of the 4 hour requirement."

The effect likely will be that the state Department of Justice will accept any training certification submitted with an application for a concealed weapons permit, Van Hollen told the committee just before it voted on the matter. Thus, some people could wind up getting permits after a bogus instructor passes out permits after teaching a course that lasts just a few minutes, Van Hollen said.

From the newscast. No mention about online training being a no-no.
    The bolding is mine.

Maybe the DoJ will finally understand thaat it is the legislature that is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Just watched this on wiseye. And I QUOTE JB van hollen:

"The only ones who are really complaining are the NRA and employees of the NRA. The general public is not complaining, and the 2nd amendment community has given us considerable support of the 4 hour requirement."

And yet another documented lie by this elected employee regarding Act35.

I am shocked.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Rep. Garey Bies (R-Sister Bay), who voted for the concealed weapons legislation, had been considering legislation requiring at least eight hours of training. In a recent interview, he said he would instead focus on writing legislation that stipulates specific areas must be covered by the training courses.

Bies, a former chief deputy sheriff in Door County, has said without stronger standards disreputable instructors could hand out training certificates without teaching people anything.

Even having been a LEO, he still has the magical thinking that laws stop crime??

If it could be proven that someone was doing that, they could be prosecuted for fraud.

And how is it Bies gets away with ignoring the party platform (Constitutional Carry)?