• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Committee suspends training requirement for concealed weapons

• Thread starter Herr Heckler Koch
  • Start date

Da Po-lock

PLEASE....Start calling the DOJ to voice your opinion

Just got off the phone, talked to Mark and he told me the 4 hour requirement has been lifted but doesn't know when it will take effect.

Said training still must be instructor led and a decimated NOOOOO to online training specifically not the MD online training.

I really don't think this is totally accurate by the way he was hesitating.

Trip20

According to the article, the 4 hour requirement is the only one lifted. Therefore, any other requirement outlined in the DOJ emergency rules would still be in place... no?

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

According to the article

According to the article, the 4 hour requirement is the only one lifted. Therefore, any other requirement outlined in the DOJ emergency rules would still be in place... no?
According to the article.

bmwguy11

Just watched this on wiseye. And I QUOTE JB van hollen:

"The only ones who are really complaining are the NRA and employees of the NRA. The general public is not complaining, and the 2nd amendment community has given us considerable support of the 4 hour requirement."

Captain Nemo

The effect likely will be that the state Department of Justice will accept any training certification submitted with an application for a concealed weapons permit, Van Hollen told the committee just before it voted on the matter. Thus, some people could wind up getting permits after a bogus instructor passes out permits after teaching a course that lasts just a few minutes, Van Hollen said.

From the newscast. No mention about online training being a no-no.
The bolding is mine.

HandyHamlet

Just watched this on wiseye. And I QUOTE JB van hollen:

"The only ones who are really complaining are the NRA and employees of the NRA. The general public is not complaining, and the 2nd amendment community has given us considerable support of the 4 hour requirement."

And yet another documented lie by this elected employee regarding Act35.

I am shocked.

MKEgal

Rep. Garey Bies (R-Sister Bay), who voted for the concealed weapons legislation, had been considering legislation requiring at least eight hours of training. In a recent interview, he said he would instead focus on writing legislation that stipulates specific areas must be covered by the training courses.

Bies, a former chief deputy sheriff in Door County, has said without stronger standards disreputable instructors could hand out training certificates without teaching people anything.
:banghead:
Even having been a LEO, he still has the magical thinking that laws stop crime??

If it could be proven that someone was doing that, they could be prosecuted for fraud.

And how is it Bies gets away with ignoring the party platform (Constitutional Carry)?