• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Felt Bad Today While Carrying... First Time Ever...

Outdoorsman1

Copied from my post in the "Northshore Bank Posted" Thread...

Snip...

This was my FIRST EVER encounter with a "No Weapons" (Firearms) sign. I have to say that as I went back to my car, put my XD in my spare holster, locked the door and went in to close my account I experianced a NEW feeling that I have never felt while carrying. A kinda empty feeling in the pit of my belly along with a bit of anger and discust in that for the first time while carrying, I was being denied that legal, constitutional right of protecting myself.

The above feeling actually caught me by suprise...

I know, I know, welcome to the real world, but just like any other "First Time" It was something I will never forget..

And it seems even more intrusive after all the work we put into getting a C.C. / O.C. law passed, "They" can still take our right away, just by posting a sign...

I know, I know, it is just as much their right to post as it is my right to carry... I just wonder how they would feel if I post my own sign on the INSIDE of the doors as in... "No, No Firearms Signs Allowed"

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Outdoorsman1 -

Welcome to the world of confusion between what is a right and what is a privilege. And to the world of who can violate which.

Your right, in this case, is something that existed even before you were born and will exist after you are gone. The Second Amendment is merely a statement that the government can do nothing to infringe that right, which we all unfortunately know means they can do a whole lot of infringing as long as they don't go trying to take it completely away. The Second Amendment has no power over the privilege to carry a firearm on private property that owners/businesses decide to greant or not grant as they see fit.

When the government tries to take away a right it is correct to presume they are doing so in order to do something mean and nasty and underhanded to us after they take away that right. When a business or person decides not to grant us a privilege it is because they either 1) don't trust us (are usually calling us a criminal without any proof); or 2) are afraid of us (usually without any proof but could be punishing everybody for the behavior of one person); or 3) want to "get even" with us for doing something they cannot or will not do themself (the "if I have to suffer everybody has to suffer" syndrome).

It's right for you to feel put upon when someone sayes they do not trust you without proof that you are untrustworthy. You can either convince them that you are in fact trustworthy or you can decide to put them out of your life by not associating with them or doing business with them. Sometimes this becomes inconvenient - like either finding a local bank that does not get the heebie-jeebies at the thought of a gun; or starting to do business with one of the internet-based banks that don't care if you have a gun or not because they don't have brick-and-mortar locations where they would have to decide to post against firearms or not; or start paying the expense of doing business with either cash or money orders.

How PO'd are you?

stay safe.

DocWalker

So you haven't been in a post office yet?

I have no need every to go into a post office EVER.

1. Pay your bills online through your bank, it also saves you stamps.

2. If you need stamps buy them at your local Albertsons or Krogers.

3. If you need to mail a package us Fed-ex or UPS.

Why would anyone ever go into a post office anymore is beyond me.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

My post office will deliver stamps to my mailbox. :)

SovereignAxe

To deliver a package on the cheap. If I have to make a return on an item I bought online (or send a package for any reason) and the recipient isn't going to pay shipping, I sure am not going to pay FedEx or UPS prices.

That's about the only time I go into a post office.

Last edited:

smithman

It is our duty to engage management in discussion, who have posted no firearms signs. I would start off the conversation with how hilarious I think the no guns sign is. When he looks at you funny, then ask him how he intends to enforce it without installing metal detectors. Then get to the pinnacle by asking him if a robber would think twice about the sign.

Firearms Iinstuctor

This tread just shows how honest people are.

A lot of people would have just covered up their hand gun and walked passed the sign no one else being the wiser.

tomm1963

To deliver a package on the cheap. If I have to make a return on an item I bought online (or send a package for any reason) and the recipient isn't going to pay shipping, I sure am not going to pay FedEx or UPS prices.

That's about the only time I go into a post office.

USPS.COM Print your shipping label on your own printer and the friendly carrier takes it right off your porch.

The only time I go to the Post Office is to pick up certified mail that I missed at my door.

Krusty

This is all well and good, but some of us NEED a PO Box for our mail delivery. And I keep my trips to the PO to a minimum.

Outdoorsman1

Action Taken.....

E-mail sent through thier website "Contact Us".....

Requested Telephone Responce...

My complaint deals with your decision to post the "No Weapons" signs. As I am a legal and trained carrier of a firearm, I find it very hard to comprehend the logic in postings these signs. Do you really believe that a criminal entering to rob the bank will read the sign and decide not to proceed. In fact it would be encouraging to him / her knowing that there would not be any resistance or danger from anyone legally carrying a firearm. My second point... I also find it impossible to comprehend the postings as I am sure you are aware that by posting, the new state law makes you liable for any injuries resulting from your denial of honest, law abiding, customers their legal and constitutional right of self protection by carrying a fiream. If you are not aware of this fact, I will be happy to provide the actual sate statutes that confirm this point.

So I will include in the next section of steps taken to resolve this issue, upon reading the sign and being an honest, law abinding person. I went back to my vehicle, removed my firearm, and proceeded into the bank and immediately closed my account. I will also be happy to provide you with account numbers to also verify this fact.

And... Under "Please discribe steps taken......"

Closed Account due to having my leagl and constitutional right of self protection denied me.. I will say that if this polociy is reversed, I will return as the happy customer I have always been.

Outdoorsman1