Thread: Get together - Starbucks - Branford - 11/12/2011 @ 19:00

Get together - Starbucks - Branford - 11/12/2011 @ 19:00

I will be at Starbucks in Branford (6 North Main Street) on 11/12/2011 at 19:00. If anyone like minded would like to get together, I will see you there.

http://g.co/maps/4vbs7

Feel free to contact me for info: 203.208.9577 or rich -at- masterplansoftware.com

I may be there if nothing pops up in the meantime Rich
    "Faster, Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter S. Thompson

Cool Branford Starbucks

I will make the effort. Maybe I can put faces on some of these names I've been reading.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

"Here sir, the people govern." -- Alexander Hamilton (speech in the New York ratifying convention, 17 June 1788) Reference: The Debates of the Several State..., Elliot, vol. 2 (348)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LQM View Post
    I will make the effort. Maybe I can put faces on some of these names I've been reading.
    Careful what you wish for!

I made it!

I'm only sorry more couldn't.

Thanks Rich. You covered a lot of stuff in that short time we sat together. You've given me lots to think about. I'm glad I finally got to meet you and your lovely lady, whose name for the life of me won't come to mind now. My sincerest apologies. :-) But I'm glad I had a chance to match a face and a name.

I hope to be able to meet you folks again.

Have a good night.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” —Samuel Adams

"Here sir, the people govern." -- Alexander Hamilton (speech in the New York ratifying convention, 17 June 1788) Reference: The Debates of the Several State..., Elliot, vol. 2 (348)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by LQM View Post
    I hope to be able to meet you folks again.

Have a good night.
    Good meeting you as well. Was a great conversation and it is always great meeting new people with the same interests and values.

I found it entertaining that the guy behind you was very 'into' our conversation and even entrusted his laptop to us while he disappeared into the bathroom for 10 minutes 'because we probably have a gun' which is rich considering I was OCing a Glock 23 with TLR-1 OWB and he apparently didn't even notice.

I guess something about two guys sitting in a Starbucks and chatting about freedom and liberty conveys a sense of trust to people. Who would have thought it?

That's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    Good meeting you as well. Was a great conversation and it is always great meeting new people with the same interests and values.

I found it entertaining that the guy behind you was very 'into' our conversation and even entrusted his laptop to us while he disappeared into the bathroom for 10 minutes 'because we probably have a gun' which is rich considering I was OCing a Glock 23 with TLR-1 OWB and he apparently didn't even notice.

I guess something about two guys sitting in a Starbucks and chatting about freedom and liberty conveys a sense of trust to people. Who would have thought it?

Nothing wrong with spreading the word, even if it gets passed by osmosis. I thought it interesting as well that he left his machine there with us while he attended to his duties. Though I had my back to him I could tell he was more interested in our conversation than what he was doing.

OC

anyone in the Stamford/Norwalk/Fairfield area want to get together for an OC and chat with coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by djn777 View Post
    anyone in the Stamford/Norwalk/Fairfield area want to get together for an OC and chat with coffee?
    I recommend you just pick a time and place and make a get together thread.
    I never say it is an OC event or anything. Many people are not yet comfortable OCing, but wouldn't mind meeting up and learning about it.