• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get together - Starbucks - Branford - 11/12/2011 @ 19:00

LQM

I made it!

I'm only sorry more couldn't.

Thanks Rich. You covered a lot of stuff in that short time we sat together. You've given me lots to think about. I'm glad I finally got to meet you and your lovely lady, whose name for the life of me won't come to mind now. My sincerest apologies. :) But I'm glad I had a chance to match a face and a name.

I hope to be able to meet you folks again.

Have a good night.

Rich B

I hope to be able to meet you folks again.

Have a good night.

Good meeting you as well. Was a great conversation and it is always great meeting new people with the same interests and values.

I found it entertaining that the guy behind you was very 'into' our conversation and even entrusted his laptop to us while he disappeared into the bathroom for 10 minutes 'because we probably have a gun' which is rich considering I was OCing a Glock 23 with TLR-1 OWB and he apparently didn't even notice.

I guess something about two guys sitting in a Starbucks and chatting about freedom and liberty conveys a sense of trust to people. Who would have thought it?

LQM

That's funny!

Good meeting you as well. Was a great conversation and it is always great meeting new people with the same interests and values.

I found it entertaining that the guy behind you was very 'into' our conversation and even entrusted his laptop to us while he disappeared into the bathroom for 10 minutes 'because we probably have a gun' which is rich considering I was OCing a Glock 23 with TLR-1 OWB and he apparently didn't even notice.

I guess something about two guys sitting in a Starbucks and chatting about freedom and liberty conveys a sense of trust to people. Who would have thought it?

Nothing wrong with spreading the word, even if it gets passed by osmosis. I thought it interesting as well that he left his machine there with us while he attended to his duties. Though I had my back to him I could tell he was more interested in our conversation than what he was doing.

djn777

OC

anyone in the Stamford/Norwalk/Fairfield area want to get together for an OC and chat with coffee?

Rich B

anyone in the Stamford/Norwalk/Fairfield area want to get together for an OC and chat with coffee?

I recommend you just pick a time and place and make a get together thread.
I never say it is an OC event or anything. Many people are not yet comfortable OCing, but wouldn't mind meeting up and learning about it.