• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Received revised training cert...I'm not so confidant it meets the emergency rules

markush

I just received my revised training certificate that is supposed to have all the information to satisfy the DOJ's Emergency rules. I talked to the instructor as soon as the emergency rules were signed by Walker and was told he was going to wait before reissuing Certificates so he could be sure to do them "right". Well I'm not so confidant it is "right". Is something missing here or will this new Cert pass the new rules?

06672352.jpg

AaronS

I have yet to read the new rules, but your cert looks good if you ask me. Even if the rules did not just change, you show 6 hours class time, that should be good.
Now I hear the 4 hour class time is gone, I would think you are golden.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I haven't read them either, but I noticed that your certificate had the instructors name and Instructor ID # for the state of WI and for the NRA. I think you're good to go

wisturkeyhunter

If that doesn't work but me sending in hunters safety that I took when I was 12 during summer school does something is really wrong with the system.

markush

Thanks guys! I was worried that it didn't have "A signed statement by the instructor who taught the course affirming that the course satisfied the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. JUS 17.03(8) ..."

Yes it's signed but does not state that the course satisfies 17.03(8).

If you guys think it's good to go it'll be in the mail tomorrow.

nevermind!! juat saw this post... http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?96724-Press-release-from-JB-about-todays-events..

Great news but if it was 6 days ealier i could have sent in the original cert!!

Last edited:

E6chevron

Thanks guys! I was worried that it didn't have "A signed statement by the instructor who taught the course affirming that the course satisfied the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. JUS 17.03(8) ..."

Yes it's signed but does not state that the course satisfies 17.03(8).

If you guys think it's good to go it'll be in the mail tomorrow.

nevermind!! juat saw this post... http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?96724-Press-release-from-JB-about-todays-events..

Great news but if it was 6 days ealier i could have sent in the original cert!!

The modified Jus 17.05 (2) only have 4 points still required for the training certificate:

Jus 17.05(2): Except as otherwise provided in sub. (1), for purposes of satisfying the requirements of sub. (1)(b), (c), (d), (e), (f), or (g), a certificate or affidavit documenting that the applicant has successfully completed a firearms safety or training course must include all of the following information:

(a) The applicant’s name.

(b) The name of the firearms safety or training course.

[Strikeout] (c) The length in hours of the firearms safety or training course.

(d) The date on which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course.

[Strikeout] (e) The city and state in which the applicant completed the firearms safety or training course.

[Strikeout] (f) The name, address, and telephone number of the person or entity responsible for the firearms safety or training course. This may be an individual instructor, a national or state organization, a law enforcement agency, an educational institution, a firearms training school, or another public or private institution or organization.

(g) The name of the instructor who taught the firearms safety or training course to the applicant and the name of the agency or organization that certified the instructor.

[Strikeout] (h) A signed statement by the instructor who taught the firearms safety or training course to the applicant affirming that the course satisfied the definition of a firearms safety or training course in s. Jus 17.03(8) and that the applicant successfully completed the course. An affirmation that the applicant merely attended the course is not sufficient to satisfy this requirement.

Packfanatic

training

Nov. 7, 2011 |
A Republican-controlled legislative committee has voted to do away with a requirement that that applicants for permits to carry concealed weapons complete four hours of training.

Monday's vote does away with the rule written by Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen's Department of Justice for the law that took effect last week.