• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For All You Single Men, 45 years old and older

SFCRetired

I just know I'm going to get flamed or razzed unmercifully about this, but I promised my beautiful Chinese bride I would; so here goes:

My wife has a friend who is looking for someone. She is 45, divorced, an American citizen, and a lawyer. My wife was influenced by the way she and I met (Craigslist, would you believe) and now she's on me to find a husband for her friend. If there is any interest, I will obtain a picture and email it and particulars about meeting to those genuinely interested.

No, I am not a professional matchmaker and neither is my bride, but she has found American husbands for several of her friends. I'll also tell you that Chinese women make pretty good wives, but don't look for the subservient Oriental you hear so much about.

Badger Johnson

Chinese men make HORRIBLE husbands, that I know for sure (since we're generalizing).

Chinese women - might make good wives, but don't let them drive your SUV. :)

Good luck with your quest.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I never thought I would see the day when OCDO became a dating site.....how could you?? :D

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
"Say hello to your wife for me." How many times have you used that line and NOT gotten your ass kicked?

:p

Wouldn't I be more likely to get my ass kicked if I was telling wives to say hello to their husbands for me? LOL

Now, if I would have called his wife "qin ai de" or said something about "zuo ai", I'd be in trouble! :D

Daylen

Wouldn't I be more likely to get my ass kicked if I was telling wives to say hello to their husbands for me? LOL

Now, if I would have called his wife "qin ai de" or said something about "zuo ai", I'd be in trouble! :D

I don't think many women are violent enough to kick your ass for fooling around with their husbands.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I just know I'm going to get flamed or razzed unmercifully about this, but I promised my beautiful Chinese bride I would; so here goes:

My wife has a friend who is looking for someone. She is 45, divorced, an American citizen, and a lawyer. My wife was influenced by the way she and I met (Craigslist, would you believe) and now she's on me to find a husband for her friend. If there is any interest, I will obtain a picture and email it and particulars about meeting to those genuinely interested.

No, I am not a professional matchmaker and neither is my bride, but she has found American husbands for several of her friends. I'll also tell you that Chinese women make pretty good wives, but don't look for the subservient Oriental you hear so much about.

Please send picture of bank account and retirement portflio along with copy of current employment contract that highlights prospects for making partner (or if already a partner shows plans to limit addition of new partners). Verification of current automobile make, model and mileage appreciated. Submit floor plan of current housing situation and data on processes needed to initiate any necessary upgrades to accomodate the lifestyle I would like to become accustomed to. Unalterable prenuptial agreement to be sent on receipt of satisfactory data regarding potential bride. Minor children not a deal-breaker so long as she can afford boarding schools in addition to maintaining me. Will consider transferring custody to ex (hers or mine - who cares) if boarding schools not possible.

stay safe.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Perhaps you've lived a sheltered life.... "Say hello to your wife for me" is saying straight to a guy's face "I boned your woman."

When you have to explain the joke, it isn't funny anymore...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Please send picture of bank account and retirement portflio along with copy of current employment contract that highlights prospects for making partner (or if already a partner shows plans to limit addition of new partners). Verification of current automobile make, model and mileage appreciated. Submit floor plan of current housing situation and data on processes needed to initiate any necessary upgrades to accomodate the lifestyle I would like to become accustomed to. Unalterable prenuptial agreement to be sent on receipt of satisfactory data regarding potential bride. Minor children not a deal-breaker so long as she can afford boarding schools in addition to maintaining me. Will consider transferring custody to ex (hers or mine - who cares) if boarding schools not possible.

Holy crap, that sounds like a typical First Date with the average female of today....

"Tell me about all of your assets, if they are enough in my opinion, I will have children with you and then use them as a tool to take you for all of the aforementioned assets in divorce."

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Perhaps you've lived a sheltered life.... "Say hello to your wife for me" is saying straight to a guy's face "I boned your woman."

When you have to explain the joke, it isn't funny anymore...

Yeah yeah, I get the implication, I was just thinking about it differently at the time.....like not like that. Anyway, you're right, not funny anymore.

SFCRetired

Got pics of her guns? :)

Are you kidding? We're talking about a Chinese woman here. It took me over a year and a half to get my wife and daughter not to go into screaming heebee jeebies just at the sight of mine!!

For the record, the lady is located in Illinois and is a lawyer. If someone wants to get serious, send me an email address (PM) and I'll forward it to her.

Guys, only reason I posted here is because I would trust most of you a lot more that what she would probably find on a dating sight or Craigslist.

tombrewster421

Are you kidding? We're talking about a Chinese woman here. It took me over a year and a half to get my wife and daughter not to go into screaming heebee jeebies just at the sight of mine!!

For the record, the lady is located in Illinois and is a lawyer. If someone wants to get serious, send me an email address (PM) and I'll forward it to her.

Guys, only reason I posted here is because I would trust most of you a lot more that what she would probably find on a dating sight or Craigslist.

Yeah, I doubt you'll find anyone on this site willing to relocate to Illinois. Do we even have any members there?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm starting to feel like The Invisible Man here. I submit an honest offer of interest and get nothing in response.

Maybe if I sweeten the pot? I don't care that she is currently living in Illinois - her asssets there can be liquidated or moved to Free America with only minor diminuation of the total. Or, with proof that she is 2A-qualified I might consider allowing her to remain there as the market for good civil lawyers in that field should be opening up soon - never hurts to pre-position in anticipation of a boom.

And you can ask around about what kind of guy I am - pretty much everybody seems to have an opinion.:uhoh:

Seeing as how I have no competing offers on the table, I'll keep this one open for a while to see if she's really interested in marrying or if this is all a bluff.

stay safe.