• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SW Ohio Meet & Greet Welcomes Indiana & Kentucky

Sigger

Cincinnati (Springfield Township), Ohio, USA
There is a Meet & Greet on Dec 3 at 6:00 PM at Carmela's in Springdale, OH. We would love to have a contingent from Kentucky & Indiana join us. There's been a LOT going on in the area regarding OC so come join us for dinner and get all the stories.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=56921

As I OC in SW Ohio area several people have approached me indicating they would like to OC, but are a little nervous. Coming to OC with a group of like-minded folks is the perfect way to start. Or, CC if you want, just come.

Carmella's Restaurant has hosted events before and is very 2A friendly (especially to those who tip well). The restaurant is an Italian buffet that includes some pizza, but also has an extensive Italian entree menu. The meeting room will be reserved under the name "Tri-State Firearms." This is not another organization forming. I just needed a name to reserve the meeting room with. OC or CC is left up to the individual.

If you plan on attending please respond so that I can give the restaurant a ballpark head count. See you there.

cce1302

Thanks for the invitation, Sigger. I won't make it because it's a pretty long drive for me.

Reminder to those with IN LTCH and without Ohio CCW Permit: OC in a car = concealed; loaded magazine in car = concealed weapon.

Check ORC before travelling in that state. It's pretty tricky compared to Indiana.

Brian D.

Well other than the venue that was chosen being boarded up when we got there we had a good get together.

Sigger had confirmed our event a week or less beforehand and everything was apparently a-ok at Carmella's at that time. (So this sure wasn't Sigger's fault in any way, the business must've been slow at that location and they decided to move it.) We start arriving Saturday and the place is cleared of fixtures and furnishings.

So Sigger called an audible and changed our shindig to the Ponderosa around the corner. It was kinda crowded and stuffy there so pretty much our whole group was doing the OC thing, even those who normally conceal. Got some looks but no hassles.