• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about polling places.

altajava

My polling place is at a school. I know I have to be unarmed, do I have to leave my extra magazines in the car too? I haven't seen the carrying of extra ammo discussed anywhere.

MilProGuy

Is there a valid reason to wish to carry ammo into the polling place when the firearm will be left in the vehicle?

mobeewan

When I have to leave my handgun in my vehicle I always used to unload it and carry all magazines with me unless they were prohibited too. It would not be very fun comming back to your vehicle and looking down the barrel of your own loaded gun with someone else holding it wanting your keys, wallet, cell phone, watch and other items.

I have a secure lock box installed now. So I can lock it up and not worry about it on short trips inside.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Ah, one of the exalted ones.

The rules don't apply to them.

images