• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

still open carrying

Carmmond

Ok I may get my CCP because I have my hunters saftey, DD214, and an out of state permit but I like to OC and the new laws have made it easier for us all. So who is still OC'ing?

protias

Ok I may get my CCL because I have my hunters saftey, DD214, and an out of state permit but I like to OC and the new laws have made it easier for us all. So who is still OC'ing?

ftfy ;)

I'll still carry. In fact, I'll carry more due to not having to worry about GFSZ and in the car.

Outdoorsman1

I prefer open carry as I do beleive it is a deterent to a BG if he is able to see the firearm before he decides to start any sh!t.... I know, I know, some say it makes you a target... first one shot and all that.... Blah Blah Blah.... Whatever...

I have said in past posts that I will continue to open carry even with my permit and that the only reason I got it was for the GFSZ thing and to be able to carry loaded ANYWHERE in a vehicle I want, which will be either holstered on my hip or in my soon to be attached (within easy reach) holster to enable faster draw than holstered on my hip (while sitting in the vehicle).

But, I will admit that today I am carrying totally concealed (just to see how it feels) and it ain't too bad. I am carrying my Glock 27sc Gen. 4 / .40 Cal. in a IWB holster @ about 2 o'clock for easier / faster access. Another reaon I perfer open carry is I also believe that open carry allows for a faster draw that concealed carry. I admit to not having practiced (much) my concealed carry draw and for future concealed carry outings, I will be practicing more.

All in all I will be open carrying 90 - 95% of the time, every day, and concealed carry when the situtation leads itself towards concealed carry. At least by concealed carring every now and then I will have become more familiar with it than never CC'ed at all.

Outdoorsman1

gfdengine204

Can someone please either tell me what has changed for OC, or point me where I can find the proper ways to OC?

For example, if I am open carrying, am I now able to keep holstered while in my car, or do I have to do the "dance"? I am waiting for my CWP License, but if I decided to start open carrying while waiting, I want to make sure I am following the law.

protias

Can someone please either tell me what has changed for OC, or point me where I can find the proper ways to OC?

For example, if I am open carrying, am I now able to keep holstered while in my car, or do I have to do the "dance"? I am waiting for my CWP License, but if I decided to start open carrying while waiting, I want to make sure I am following the law.

You can carry in your car now, you don't need a CCL. One thing to be mindful is to watch out for GFSZ, but that is "only" a $1,000 forfeiture if you are (knowingly?) in one. The only other restrictions to OC is you cannot carry in a place that serves alcohol for consumption, unless you have the owner/manager on duty's permission, state parks, and public buildings.

If you want someone to go with you, find someone in your area: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?77014-Adopt-a-first-timer

Viper

Uh oh. Was way up north last weekend and OC'd in a tavern drinking soda without owner/manager permission thinking the CCL was good for that.

Did I mess up?

No one said a word.

Jason in WI

Uh oh. Was way up north last weekend and OC'd in a tavern drinking soda without owner/manager permission thinking the CCL was good for that.

Did I mess up?

No one said a word.

Nope, with your CCL your good to go!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk