Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sac Sheriff To Destroy Inactive 2 Year Old CCW Permit Files

  1. #1
    Regular Member Save Our State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    287

    Sac Sheriff To Destroy Inactive 2 Year Old CCW Permit Files

    On Tomorrow's BOS agenda. A resolution to destroy all inactive CCW files over two years old. I'm wondering what the hurry is here...

  2. #2
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Are these files where the individuals have allowed their permit's expiration dates to expire, and haven't bothered to renew for two years?
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Or are these the files that can be subpoenaed to show how many people have applied for a permit and been denied?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  4. #4
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Or are these the files that can be subpoenaed to show how many people have applied for a permit and been denied?
    Sacramento County is currently accepting self defense as good cause. Doesn't sound like they have ulterior motives.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Save Our State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Golden State
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Sacramento County is currently accepting self defense as good cause. Doesn't sound like they have ulterior motives.
    Don't know why they are doing it, or why it has become an urgency issue before the supervisors. One possible relative issue would be whether they are limiting liability to 2 years if lawsuits occur over their issuance, denial, or revocation policy

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lynnwood, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by MilProGuy View Post
    Are these files where the individuals have allowed their permit's expiration dates to expire, and haven't bothered to renew for two years?
    Correct.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •