• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kernersville Sheetz Problem Resolved

smlawrence

Last week I visited the Sheetz in Kernersville to get a cup of coffee. I am in this store at least once a day if not three times a day and I am ALWAYS OC'ing. It was nighttime and 99% of my visits to this store are during the day, so noone working in the store knew me at all. I fixed my coffee and approached the cashier to pay for it. Once I am in front of the Assistant Manager, who is ringing me up, he asked if I was a LEO. I said no as I knew immediately where this was going. He got very offensive while taking my money and proceeded to tell me that I was not allowed to carry in his store. I kept a smile on my face and was very nice during the entire conversation. I told him that I frequent that store alot and have always OC'ed while having friendly conversations with employees and managers with no problem. Well he stuck to his opinion. I tried to explain that it was more than likely a Company Policy against employees carrying while working and I was positive that it didn't include Law-Abiding Citizens. He still took my money to pay for the coffee so he didn't let his opinion keep the sale from happening. I told him as I was leaving that he should ask his store manager or even call someone with corporate to educate him on the right policy. He went straight to his office just as soon as I walked out the door. I lost my smile as soon as I got to my truck because this guy was a real D*CK about it towards me. I emailed Sheetz Corporate as soon as I got home explaining the same story that I typed above and I thought I would share the response I received. I was very happy with the prompt response they had and I plan to continue doing my business at their stores. Hell I spend close to $400/wk at Sheetz, and thats after all of the money they save me on the fuel and cigs. I would of hated to switch to a different station.

Mr. Lawrence,
I would like to apologize for your poor experience and inconvenience that you had at our store in Kernersville. I have followed up with the Store Manager to make sure that his employees understand the rules regarding carrying hand guns. We do not have a policy against carrying handguns. I would like to apologize to you for this incident and assure you that we will make sure that all ee’s are aware of the rules. Again, I do apologize for your poor experience and for your inconvenience. I would also like to thank you for taking your time to make us aware of this issue.

Thank you,
Kelly Hostetler
District Manager

nobama

Good deal. I go by there everyday, but I have never been in there. What time of night was it? I just might have to go get a coke or something.