Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A funny thing happened on the Link tonite...

A funny thing happened on the Link tonite...

I was coming home on the Link tonite form the Internatioal District after shopping. I was headed north on the Link to the Westlake station. Alot of people coming from the airport are on board. There is this group of 25 year olds tourists/new arrivals from the airport, with luggage in tow, in the back of the car.

So I here one of the guys say "Holy **** that guy has a gun." "He dosent look like a cop." Holy ****, he's got one of those guns from such and such video game." I can't remember the name he said of the game, and I'm not familar with that many games. So the guy goes on to say, "He's got one of those thigh rigs too." I guess like in the video game.

I did sell all my other 3 pistols and bought a FNP 45 TATICAL with the 5 1/4" barrel, threaded barrel, and 15 round mags, I'm in love, but my thigh rig is the only thing it fits in, so I'm back to that, sorry GOGO. Anyhow their going crazy in the back of the train, and one of the girls with them see's the sign over the door, that says no guns allowed, so now their really freaking out.

Thank god for this black gentleman sitting next to them, he tells them, "he proably has a conceal carry permit so he can be on here with the gun, its legal here. The black gentleman ask's them where there from, Edmonds Canada.

One of the kids asks me about my gun, and I answer him, and also add that Washington state is one of the safest states in the nation. He tells me that in Edmonds they are having alot of murders, 44 so far this year. He goes on to say, "I'm moving here this is to cool." Then we got to my stop...end of story.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 11-08-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    I'm sure its a good story, but its tiresome to read without paragraphs.

Do you think you could edit it into paragraphs to make reading easier?

I had a guy at Walmart as I approached the door to say in a loud voice while raising his hands "Hey don't shoot me.." I closed the distance to him and said do you realize you are en citing a riot and for that YOU can be charged ?? It shut him up real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    I had a guy at Walmart as I approached the door to say in a loud voice while raising his hands "Hey don't shoot me.." I closed the distance to him and said do you realize you are en citing a riot and for that YOU can be charged ?? It shut him up real quick.
    See Gunr, that's age and wisdom showing through. I probably would have said to him something like "Somebody should, you're and idiot!".
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Snarly

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    I have had the same thing happen to me. I just don't know what goes through there heads, I may know your joking (about something you shouldn't) but not the other 100 people around you. I never thought about informing him that he could be cited for trying to entice panic (there must be a law on that ), ill have to keep that in mind.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 11-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Clearly your evil gun caused 33 of those murders in Edmonds. The thigh rig caused the other 11. How dare you frighten those nice sensible floppy-headed canadians.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

But did you reveal to them that you did not had a WA concealed carry permit?

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

I'm confussed isn't it illegal to carry guns in Canada? The 44 people must have all died from accidents since it is so safe nobody needs to defend themself up north.

That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've read on the www. Riot? Seriously?

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    But did you reveal to them that you did not had a WA concealed carry permit?
    He needs one in order to be in any vehicle loaded. Link included.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've read on the www. Riot? Seriously?
    Actually it's pretty smart. If it gets the person to shut their trap, it keeps that person from being like the guy who yelled "FIRE!" and started a ruckus.

Troll on, deanf, troll on.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

How precisely is it dumb? That sort of thing is precisely what inciting a riot is.

Can't we all get along? That type of stuff is driving me away from this forum. I know, your asking why am I here? Glutton for punishment. Some people need to chill out. Yelling out "don't shoot me", is like yelling fire in a theater.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Are you sure it wasn't Edmonton rather than Edmonds? Edmonton is the capitol of Alberta, I have never heard of a large city in Canada named "Edmonds".

Anyway, if they were from Edmonton, things have gone downhill since I went to college there. Alberta is probably more pro firearms than any other province, or, At least it was in the early 60's
    Last edited by hermannr; 11-08-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Can't we all get along? That type of stuff is driving me away from this forum. I know, your asking why am I here? Glutton for punishment. Some people need to chill out. Yelling out "don't shoot me", is like yelling fire in a theater.
    Driving you away? No offense, but this is a little like the lady who says the gun is scaring her kid. The gun does not emit fear waves. And, there is no way the photons emitting from a screen from such a post can drive a person away from his computer, much less the forum.

Just do what most of us do, just ignore it. Or, if it gets out of hand, tell them to knock it off.

Founder's Club Member
    Thanks for the paragraphs, JSanchez. Nice story. Great ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Driving you away? No offense, but this is a little like the lady who says the gun is scaring her kid. The gun does not emit fear waves. And, there is no way the photons emitting from a screen from such a post can drive a person away from his computer, much less the forum.

Just do what most of us do, just ignore it. Or, if it gets out of hand, tell them to knock it off.
    Go back to VA, this is directed to the WA people involved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	7354  
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

+1
    Live Free or Die!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    If there is any violation of the rules, please use the ! button to report it, folks. That's what it's there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    If there is any violation of the rules, please use the ! button to report it, folks. That's what it's there for.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Go back to VA, this is directed to the WA people involved.
    This is an Open Forum. The folks in Virginia have graciously conversed with me and I more than welcome them to converse here. His location has nothing to do with the content of his post.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 11-09-2011 at 08:03 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I like to point out to my Canadien family members that I am a Free Man, and they are subjects. Drives my Mum-in-law nuts, she's a Brit
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

How precisely is it dumb? That sort of thing is precisely what inciting a riot is.
    Sorry if I call B.S. where I see or read it.

Now if you think that telling someone they can be charged with a crime that doesn't exist in Washington isn't B.S., or isn't dumb, please explain.

Sorry if I call B.S. where I see or read it.

Now if you think that telling someone they can be charged with a crime that doesn't exist in Washington isn't B.S., or isn't dumb, please explain.
    Well then enlighten us dean, what's the closest thing in the rcw's to inciting a riot? Gotta be something

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=47.774879,-122.342794
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Well then enlighten us dean, what's the closest thing in the rcw's to inciting a riot? Gotta be something
    We're not discussing the "closest thing . . . to"

"I told him he could be charged with the closest thing to inciting a riot (what that is I had no idea). That shut him up right quick!" Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast