• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A funny thing happened on the Link tonite...

jsanchez

I was coming home on the Link tonite form the Internatioal District after shopping. I was headed north on the Link to the Westlake station. Alot of people coming from the airport are on board. There is this group of 25 year olds tourists/new arrivals from the airport, with luggage in tow, in the back of the car.

So I here one of the guys say "Holy **** that guy has a gun." "He dosent look like a cop." Holy ****, he's got one of those guns from such and such video game." I can't remember the name he said of the game, and I'm not familar with that many games. So the guy goes on to say, "He's got one of those thigh rigs too." I guess like in the video game.

I did sell all my other 3 pistols and bought a FNP 45 TATICAL with the 5 1/4" barrel, threaded barrel, and 15 round mags, I'm in love, but my thigh rig is the only thing it fits in, so I'm back to that, sorry GOGO. Anyhow their going crazy in the back of the train, and one of the girls with them see's the sign over the door, that says no guns allowed, so now their really freaking out.

Thank god for this black gentleman sitting next to them, he tells them, "he proably has a conceal carry permit so he can be on here with the gun, its legal here. The black gentleman ask's them where there from, Edmonds Canada.

One of the kids asks me about my gun, and I answer him, and also add that Washington state is one of the safest states in the nation. He tells me that in Edmonds they are having alot of murders, 44 so far this year. He goes on to say, "I'm moving here this is to cool." Then we got to my stop...end of story.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I'm sure its a good story, but its tiresome to read without paragraphs.

Do you think you could edit it into paragraphs to make reading easier?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I had a guy at Walmart as I approached the door to say in a loud voice while raising his hands "Hey don't shoot me.." I closed the distance to him and said do you realize you are en citing a riot and for that YOU can be charged ?? It shut him up real quick.

o2ryan

I had a guy at Walmart as I approached the door to say in a loud voice while raising his hands "Hey don't shoot me.." I closed the distance to him and said do you realize you are en citing a riot and for that YOU can be charged ?? It shut him up real quick.

See Gunr, that's age and wisdom showing through. I probably would have said to him something like "Somebody should, you're and idiot!".

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

I have had the same thing happen to me. I just don't know what goes through there heads, I may know your joking (about something you shouldn't) but not the other 100 people around you. I never thought about informing him that he could be cited for trying to entice panic (there must be a law on that :) ), ill have to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

DocWalker

I'm confussed isn't it illegal to carry guns in Canada? The 44 people must have all died from accidents since it is so safe nobody needs to defend themself up north.

deanf

That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've read on the www. Riot? Seriously?

.45ACPaddy

That's got to be one of the dumbest things I've read on the www. Riot? Seriously?

Actually it's pretty smart. If it gets the person to shut their trap, it keeps that person from being like the guy who yelled "FIRE!" and started a ruckus.

Troll on, deanf, troll on.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Can't we all get along? That type of stuff is driving me away from this forum. I know, your asking why am I here? Glutton for punishment. Some people need to chill out. Yelling out "don't shoot me", is like yelling fire in a theater.

hermannr

Are you sure it wasn't Edmonton rather than Edmonds? Edmonton is the capitol of Alberta, I have never heard of a large city in Canada named "Edmonds".

Anyway, if they were from Edmonton, things have gone downhill since I went to college there. Alberta is probably more pro firearms than any other province, or, At least it was in the early 60's

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Can't we all get along? That type of stuff is driving me away from this forum. I know, your asking why am I here? Glutton for punishment. Some people need to chill out. Yelling out "don't shoot me", is like yelling fire in a theater.

Driving you away? No offense, but this is a little like the lady who says the gun is scaring her kid. The gun does not emit fear waves. And, there is no way the photons emitting from a screen from such a post can drive a person away from his computer, much less the forum.

Just do what most of us do, just ignore it. Or, if it gets out of hand, tell them to knock it off.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Driving you away? No offense, but this is a little like the lady who says the gun is scaring her kid. The gun does not emit fear waves. And, there is no way the photons emitting from a screen from such a post can drive a person away from his computer, much less the forum.

Just do what most of us do, just ignore it. Or, if it gets out of hand, tell them to knock it off.

Go back to VA, this is directed to the WA people involved.

Attachments

• 1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 91

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

+1