• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Russell dunhams

09jisaac

Hells yea. Seen you too, with two glock mags on one hip and an iphone on the other? I was going to stop and ask, but I didn't see any gun.

I was like: Here is a guy wearing a GLOCK shirt, has two glock mags..... and an iPhone.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yea I was carrying concealed, I had just left walmart. These glock 20 mags dig in my side where they are so wide, so I was carry them with my shirt behind them, doesn't hurt as bad. I wish I woulda known you posted here I would've said hey! Guess I can say hey now! Haha

09jisaac

I was like "I have probably talked to this guy to this guy before"
I was thinking that would be the guy "kyglockster" when I 1st seen you, and I knew he was from ashland (idk why that came to mind, maybe all the glock stuff)

Then I was like "This is probably some off duty cop that, if I say anything to him about my gun, is going to give me a lecture about how dangerous it is to carry"

You bowl?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Can I just be the one to ask this question: what is the point of CCing your gun if you're gonna OC your magazines?

09jisaac

Can I just be the one to ask this question: what is the point of CCing your gun if you're gonna OC your magazines?

He probably put the mags on to go into dunhams but didn't bother to un-conceal.

But that was what I was thinking when I saw him. Here is a guy with a glock shirt, two glock mags, and don't even have a gun.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
How many people you think know what a magazine is, much less panic at the sight of seeing two black clunky things on my belt, now think, how many people know what a gun is?? Those tend to panic little old ladies walking around walmart. If I must say it again, the magazines rub my side pretty bad, so I tuck my shirt behind them, and when I'm at walmart, I really don't want all the attention of having my gun exposed. Every time I OC someone walks up asking if I'm a cop, never once had this happen with just my magazines visible.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Not a cop yet, but when I am I will be the one not enforcing any gun laws, unless of course it's a known felon, haha. I don't really bowl, but I have attempted it, I'm quite horrible, my lil girl enjoys it though..

09jisaac

Brekay and I were thinking about bowling friday. Might be fun to actually meet another OCer. And it would really help her out a bunch, the only time she OCed get got the sheriff called on us at the phoenix.....

brekay

Brekay and I were thinking about bowling friday. Might be fun to actually meet another OCer. And it would really help her out a bunch, the only time she OCed get got the sheriff called on us at the phoenix.....

That would be really cool to meet other people that OC. I dont think i have seen anyone else doing it. and I have OCed after that. but that really did worry me, that was one mean looking sheriff.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Sure, I'd be up for that, but where at? If we go to blue-ribbon we have to carry unloaded, they do still serve alcohol don't they? Unless of course they make 50% of there income from food sales? Then again they are not primarily devoted to alcohol sales, what's your and everyone else's thought on that?

09jisaac

I didn't know the bowling alley in ashland sold alcohol.....

But, If it is like most places that I have been to that serve alcohol and allow children there then they have separate "room" where the bar is.

According to KRS 244.125 you can be in the place of business, just not the room in which the alcohol is being sold.....

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/244-00/125.PDF

But I am open to ideas.....

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Unfortunately the bar is where the lanes are, however I still would like to hear some thoughts of the fact it isn't primarily devoted to that purpose, I think since it's primarily devoted to bowling, that the law wouldn't apply, surely someone can shed some light for us.

09jisaac

Unfortunately the bar is where the lanes are, however I still would like to hear some thoughts of the fact it isn't primarily devoted to that purpose, I think since it's primarily devoted to bowling, that the law wouldn't apply, surely someone can shed some light for us.

I don't think that it would matter much. The law states it has to be a restaurant that has dining for at least 50 people and makes at least 50% of its income on food..... It don't say anything about making it from somewhere else....

And Glockster, I don't think so.... They would find something to talk about.....

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I was thinking of 237.110(16)(e) for some reason. It seems to imply you can carry as long as the establishment isn't devoted to the selling of alcohol by the drink. However the law on loaded firearms in rooms where alcohol is sold by the drink bans it no matter what. That could definitely be changed, preferably done away with altogether.

09jisaac

I was thinking of 237.110(16)(e) for some reason. It seems to imply you can carry as long as the establishment isn't devoted to the selling of alcohol by the drink. However the law on loaded firearms in rooms where alcohol is sold by the drink bans it no matter what. That could definitely be changed, preferably done away with altogether.

Bre says we can just unload and go bowling anyways....