• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canoeing spots in Northern Virginia?

R50FJ60

Am I in the correct off-topic section?
in 2 weeks I will be home for Thanksgiving break in Manassas. The Old Man and I want to go canoing, but the places wehave in the past are nice and developed mostly. Anyone know of anywhere? Also may try and scope out potential duck hunting spots- not trying to stomp on anyones hunting turf, just looking for suggestions.
Thanks
IV

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Am I in the correct off-topic section?
in 2 weeks I will be home for Thanksgiving break in Manassas. The Old Man and I want to go canoing, but the places wehave in the past are nice and developed mostly. Anyone know of anywhere? Also may try and scope out potential duck hunting spots- not trying to stomp on anyones hunting turf, just looking for suggestions.
Thanks
IV

I always launch from the bull run marina. It's like 3 minutes from my house. I think it's pretty nice...

sbuff

If you don't mind a 40 min drive, head out 66 to Front Royal and ride the Shenendoah. Lots of places to put in, very rural, pretty country. Leaves are pbly all gone by now. Don't know about duck hunting, but there's gotta belots of places there.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You have to watch out. The waters in NoVA are treacherous. According to reports on this forum, there have been numerous boating and canoe accidents that included the tragic loss of entire gun collections.

Keep your gun attached to something that floats, is all I can say.

:D

Last edited: