Thread: Hell on Wheels (AMC)

Hell on Wheels (AMC)

Sunday I watch the season premier for Hell on Wheels which comes on Sunday @ 10:00pm after the Walking Dead. Its seems like it will be a great western TV show, kinda reminds me of Justified on FX (wonder when it airs again?)...

Quote Originally Posted by robin.kevin View Post
    Sunday I watch the season premier for Hell on Wheels which comes on Sunday @ 10:00pm after the Walking Dead. Its seems like it will be a great western TV show, kinda reminds me of Justified on FX (wonder when it airs again?)...
    I had to turn it off, it quickly made me think of modern government contractors. "Why is my rail straight?!"
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

LOL! Yea but I rather face the facts rather then turn on some make believe in which the good guys wear white hats and always win.

I do face facts, but late at night I want some mild entertainment, to get me in the mood for sleep, not get me pissed off and wide awake.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

With that name, it should have been about the 2nd Armored Division.

I used the "why is my road straight" part to illustrate to my friends why the federal government getting involved in nearly anything is bound to end in a money suck pit.

My problem with the show is the anti-sherman bent it starts out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    I used the "why is my road straight" part to illustrate to my friends why the federal government getting involved in nearly anything is bound to end in a money suck pit.

My problem with the show is the anti-sherman bent it starts out with.
    Which sherman? the general or senator?

The general. Civil War hero, first modern general, credited with shortening the war overall.

The first few minutes of hell on wheels it was all, Monster this and butcher that and his men went on a killin and rapin rampage.

Your standard non sensical southern bias.

Sherman by all standards was the Civil Wars greatest general

And for all you johnny rebs who are gonna tell me about Stonewall Jackson, save it. A general who couldn't even train his own men not to shoot him loses out to a general who facilitated a total war that led to victory.

The general. Civil War hero, first modern general, credited with shortening the war overall.

The first few minutes of hell on wheels it was all, Monster this and butcher that and his men went on a killin and rapin rampage.

Your standard non sensical southern bias.

And for all you johnny rebs who are gonna tell me about Stonewall Jackson, save it. A general who couldn't even train his own men not to shoot him loses out to a general who facilitated a total war that led to victory.
    Well he did he did do a little thing called Sherman's march, and did have his men loot and rape and kill all they cared to. Why do you expect the heirs of those who were raped, killed and looted to think him wonderful?

Typical Yankee BS.
    Last edited by Daylen; 11-11-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar

Right, the brilliant tactical mind who led the Shenandoah Valley Campagne, and stood at the first battle of bull run, and who revolutionized artillery tactics so much that we still encorporate them to the present day, was just a schmuck who got shot by one of his soldiers in the heat of battle.

It takes a REAL genius to rape, pillage, and burn your way through Atlanta.....
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

To those of us born and raised in the South and familiar with its real history, the very name "Sherman" will always be anathema. Just as his boss, the Commander-in-Chief at the time, will always be, not the savior of the Union and the man who freed the slaves, a power-hungry petty tyrant.

How many know that Lincoln actually argued in favor of slavery until it became politically inexpedient?

As for great soldiers and generals, I'll pick Jackson and Longstreet any day over Grant and Sherman. If Lee had listened to Longstreet's advice at Gettysburg, the North could conceivably have lost the war. Lee, for all the respect that is due him as a Christian gentleman, was really too old for the role he was given.

For the record: Dad's grandfather was in the 44th Indiana Volunteer Infantry and two of Mother's grandfathers were in the 32nd Alabama Infantry.

Great thread on Civil War history.

What's the show about?

10 PM on Sunday night is way past my bedtime....

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Great thread on Civil War history.

What's the show about?

10 PM on Sunday night is way past my bedtime....
    Revenge, during the building of the railroad, in the post war of Northern aggression America.