• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Macon/Moberly area for OCing?

Redbaron007

QUESTION:

Since I am going to be hunting in the Macon/Moberly/Thomas Hill area this weekend.......

Anyone aware of the regulations in the Macon/Moberly cities for OCing? From my prior research, they are both OC friendly. I have OCd in Moberly with no issue, but curious to know if anyone else is aware of other thoughts in that area.

Thanks for the input.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
Im from that side of the state and make stops in Macon and Moberly often, I have never had and problems of found restricted cities, had cops ask for my permit once but said I didnt have one and kept walking I was in a hurry, The hotel I stay at, the nightmen asked me, when I go in the office to leave it in the car or room if I dont mind, as he was a felon on probation and didnt want any problems with his PO. I explained that its in my control not his and there is no problem to worry about, but will respect his wishes due to him asking me nicely "if I can"

I always feel easier OCing up state then down here in the city, the cops are less Para Military, and more friendly locals, I ran out of gas one time in the middle of the night, call the local PD and requested a LEO to pick me up and help me get gas, he drove 15 miles out of town to help me LOL crazy night

Redbaron007

Im from that side of the state and make stops in Macon and Moberly often, I have never had and problems of found restricted cities, had cops ask for my permit once but said I didnt have one and kept walking I was in a hurry, The hotel I stay at, the nightmen asked me, when I go in the office to leave it in the car or room if I dont mind, as he was a felon on probation and didnt want any problems with his PO. I explained that its in my control not his and there is no problem to worry about, but will respect his wishes due to him asking me nicely "if I can"

I always feel easier OCing up state then down here in the city, the cops are less Para Military, and more friendly locals, I ran out of gas one time in the middle of the night, call the local PD and requested a LEO to pick me up and help me get gas, he drove 15 miles out of town to help me LOL crazy night

We didn't have any problems. The hotel (Comfort Suites) was just fine (it was full of hunters carrying rifles and pistols), it was full. I got the most looks I when we ate at AJ's in Macon.