• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Call for Gun Owners to "Occupy" Ceasefire Foundation's Chartered Bus to Olympia

George Washington

Open Call for Gun Owners to "Occupy" Ceasefire Foundation's Chartered Bus to Olympia

http://www.washingtonceasefire.net/content/view/15/40/

Imagine that you are Gregory Roberts, the new "Executive Director" of the Ceasefire Foundation. You consider your yourself to be a savvy "media professional" and your first big assignment to prove your value as a gun prohibitionist is to Pass a Law to Make Gun Owners HIDE their Guns, in the Spring of 2012. You have carefully planned your strategy to get this law passed; you have written a proposed law; you have sponsors lined up, and you plan to transport a large number of agitators to the State Capitol for committee hearings on the law.

As the Executive Director you visualize a chartered bus of gun prohibitionist agitators being driven down to Olympia. You have paid for the bus, and you even plan to offer free sandwiches, soft drinks, and gun prohibition shirts to the street people of Seattle to just get on the bus. Since, you are a "media professional", you have your talking points printed, and ready to distribute to the bus passengers about how gun owners must HIDE their guns.

Now, let's create an alternate vision of reality for Gregory Roberts: The dreaded gun owners are trying to get on the bus with "hidden" guns, and you are having to set up metal detectors to detect "hidden" guns, in full view of the press and legislature. Oops! The noise to signal ratio in your message just blew your message to pieces, and people are laughing at you and your legislative agenda.

WashingtonCeasefire.net is now calling for all gun owners to "hide" their pistols, and "occupy" Ceasefire Foundation's 2012 Chartered Bus from Seattle to Olympia.

1. Conceal your pistol.
2. Wear a gun prohibition jacket, sticker, or shirt to prevent Ceasefire Foundation from differentiating between you and a true gun prohibitionist.
3. Show up an hour or two early to make sure that YOU get on the bus instead of a gun-prohibitionist.
4. Bring your camcorder or cell phone.
5. Be prepared to record Gregory Roberts and Ralph Fascitelli as they search for "hidden" guns with metal detectors..
6. As you ride the bus down to Olympia, spout gun prohibition platitudes until you arrive at the committee hearing (no disturbances on the bus please). Then, get rid of your gun prohibition signs and stickers, and prepare to testify AGAINST the bill.

massivedesign

Oh.. I see now. You have created a site called Washingtonceasefire.net in order to what, play trickery on people looking to join the real WCF?

So this bus thing... I don't see it anywhere but your site?

George Washington

Ceasefire Foundation of Washington has not yet provided details on when and where they will be picking up agitators in Seattle to transport to Olympia. However, the organization typically will charter buses from Seattle to Olympia for legislative hearings.

Once I have the details, I will publish the time and place. Of course, Ceasefire could play the game of "HIDE the bus" from gun owners, but then they would also effectively be hiding it from their own members. That's quite an interesting little problem that they have to solve.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Why not just having everyone show up where the bus is, stand around while they load the bus and then convoy to the event with them :lol:

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
When is this event, and final location? I live in Olympia, and would rather show up at the destination. OC'ing by the way.

George Washington

Why not just having everyone show up where the bus is, stand around while they load the bus and then convoy to the event with them :lol:

That's a good question that deserves to be answered. Let me present a couple of contrasting scenarios.

A) Ralphy testifies to the legislature that OC is intimidating, and as evidence, he describes how OCers tried to intimidate his agitators while they were trying to get on the bus.

B) The agitators back Ralphy up and are present to fill the committee chamber because they were able to get seated on the bus.

A) Ralphy testifies to the legislature that gun owners should be forced to hide their guns, and by-the-way, those terribles OCers snuck on to his bus with hidden guns. Ralphy becomes a laughingstock for delivering such a contradictory set of complaints to the legislature and media.

B) No agitators are present to support Ralphy, because the gun owners pre-empted the agitators by showing up early and taking their seats on the bus.

---------------------------------

To answer golddigger14s question, I don't yet know when the event will be scheduled, but will keep a close eye on it and let everyone know.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Scenario 3 Legal Law Abiding Citizens show up drinking coffee and mingling in good nature discussions as they would any other day or place they gather and then proceed to a place designated to promote their views and no one was threatened or alarmed.

Freedom First

Scenario 3 Legal Law Abiding Citizens show up drinking coffee and mingling in good nature discussions as they would any other day or place they gather and then proceed to a place designated to promote their views and no one was threatened or alarmed.

Preach it Brother Dave!

Might I suggest that you guys not leave the high ground and muck about with these fools. The goal is normalizing carry not convincing these already unbalanced folks that you are an actual threat.

Direct contact with our representatives would be a better approach IMO. They will be the ones deciding the pass/fail on any legislation.

massivedesign

I think a switch-n-bait, although would be fun, wouldn't be productive towards showing we are just normal people, with guns. Childish tactics can backfire 10-fold and do a lot more harm that good.

hermannr

I think something a lot more effective would be to find out when Ceasefire is planning to attend,,,,then everyone from OCDO and any other WA gun org that we can get to attend, and basicaly pack the gallery and vistitor areas to they point there is no room for ceasefire participants when they arrive.

No bus, no show, just action, Not even SRO left in the assembly chambers. I believe that would be a lot more effective with the legislature than a dog and pony show for the press. Let Ceasefire spend their money, I am sure that the press would be very impressed by a LARGE group of firearms owners, very calmly taking up all the visitors seats such that the showman cannot even enter the chambers.

Personally, I am much more impressed by something very calm and orderly, and I think that would put a good face on OCDO for the assembly and keep conflict, that will do us no good, to a minimum.

Last edited: