Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Rapids OC Lunch 12/3

Grand Rapids OC Lunch 12/3

Family Restaurant, 2527 84th St Sw, Byron Center, MI 49315

December 3, Saturday, High Noon.

If enough members of South Kent Sportsmans' Club attend & agree to be RSOs, we can go send some lead downrange. (Weather permitting).

Respond to thread if planning to attend.

Many thanks! Should be a good time
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

I have it on my calendar and plan to attend!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    I'm planning on it!

Bummer, I have my kids that weekend and was planning a trip to Traverse City. If my plans change, I may be able to attend if my kids can come.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Bummer, I have my kids that weekend and was planning a trip to Traverse City. If my plans change, I may be able to attend if my kids can come.
    I dont mind kids, got two of my own, and dont worry they wont go running and screaming when they see your gun.

By all means!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Will they allow goats in the restraunt?...get it...kids...

nevermind.

Anyways I dont mind children either FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    Will they allow goats in the restraunt?...get it...kids...

nevermind.

Are you my d-a-a-a-a-a-dy?

BAD! how many times have I told you not to eat the table cloth!!

bump

I'm in. I also asked the mods to sticky this thread.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

For our friends from out of town- a little shopping spree

Al & Bob's Sports Inc‎
    3100 Division Avenue South
    Grand Rapids, MI 49548-1186
    (616) 245-9156

Smaller store, medium selection, long guns behind counter. Squat for reloading. Customer service fair. Two stars.

Gander Mountain‎
    2890 Acquest Avenue SE
    Kentwood, MI 49512

Good selection new & used, knowledgeable staff. Long guns on long leashes for fondling. Minimal reloading. Four stars

Gander Mountain‎
    4655 Canal Avenue
    Grandville, MI 49418
    (616) 249-0400

Minimal selection of used, fair selection of new. Knowledgeable staff. Zero reloading. Three stars

Silver Bullet Firearms & Training Center‎
    5121 S Division Ave
    wyoming, MI 49519
    (616) 249-1911

Fair selection of used, good selection new. Long guns behind counter. Minimal reloading. Indoor range, gunsmith on site. Knowledgeable staff. Four stars

Dick's Sporting Goods‎
    3660 Rivertown Parkway
    Grandville, MI 49418

Don't bother. Zero stars

Gun Bugs
    Middleville, MI

I have suits bigger than this shop; it's that small. Nice staff, but I have more guns. One star

Bob's Gun & Tackle Shop Inc‎
    2208 W M 43 Hwy
    Hastings, MI 49058-9279

Good selection new & used, knowledgeable staff. Long guns on short leashes (very annoying). Three stars.

M C Sports
    3160 28th Street Southeast
    Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1682

Minimal selection, two stars

M C Sports‎
    4830 Wilson Ave SW # 700
    Wyoming, MI 49418-3138

Minimal selection, two stars

Dunham's Sports‎
    3524 SE East Mall Dr
    Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Minimal selection, I don't think anyone actually works there. One star

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post

Obviously not... lol. I only use the word "children" in situations where those around me are acting like... oh, just "kid"ding.
    No, my progeny are fine around guns and people wearing guns...they don't really know anything other than me wearing a firearm; they are just at the ages that it might be judged "boring". Then again, everything I do with them has a high probability of being judged boring...I usually respond that I remember many boring things I was brought to as a child... and some were actually fun
    Therefore, I'll probably be there...at least for little while if I don't go to TC.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 11-12-2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

I would like to make it, and I see kids are welcome, however my daughter is only 2 so I'm not sure how well that would work. I will see what I can do.

Glock214

I will be there. Ive wanted to go to many OC events but most seem to be on the east side of the state.
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

Does the restaurant sell alcohol/ licensed to sell?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Does the restaurant sell alcohol/ licensed to sell?
    Negative- no alcohol. I do not see them listed on the LCC list, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Negative- no alcohol. I do not see them listed on the LCC list, either.
    Thanks!

I will not be able to make it until later if at all, my kids basketball starts the same time as the lunch.

just to verify this is the place across the the ace hardware right?
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

Quote Originally Posted by insanebuddy720 View Post
    just to verify this is the place across the the ace hardware right?
    That is correct

Many thanks!

Many thanks to the 22 folks that were able to attend the OC luncheon at Byron Family Restaurant.

A good time was had by all. The manager of the restaurant also conveyed his thanks, and said we're welcome back any time.

It was a great turn out, I was surprised so many made it. I'm glad to hear they said we would be welcomed back any time, I'm looking forward to the next one!

Dang that sucks I missed it! good to hear it turned out to be a good size meet.

Any photos for this event?
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast