• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New NC gun laws......

rwm4192

Hey guys,

So about a month ago or so I guess I was reading up here and saw an article about some new laws in the legislature involving the castle doctrine and PPP's for a person to person transfer of firearms. If I read that article right I believe it said that those had passed and went into effect on Dec 1st of this year. Am I correct in this and reading it right that after the first that you will no longer need a PPP from the sheriff to purchase a pistol from another person? Thanks for the help guys!

Carry24/7

Not sure about the PPP but the castle doctrine goes into effect on Dec 1 along with a few others. Look up NC HB 650 to read everything that takes effect.