• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun Barlow (D) goes down to Morris (R)

nuc65

Activist Member
Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
Nuc, I think thats the results only from Lynchburg City.... check here for the race results overall across all localities:

https://www.voterinfo.sbe.virginia.gov/election/DATA/2011/EB178FD6-875D-4B0D-A295-900A0482F523/Unofficial/7_p1_s.shtml

I am relieved that I made a mistake. I forget that the senate also includes beyond the city of Lynchburg. I did only look at the results for the city of Lynchburg.

The correct results are:

Tom A. Garrett, Jr. 28,121 58.23%

Bert F. Dodson, Jr. 20,124 41.67%

ODA 226

This is wonderful news! ;) I wrote Barlow right before the election and told him that his dismal record on pro-freedom issues and the refusal to respond to the VCDL survey would result in his dismissal.
GOOD RIDDANCE! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

TFred

Bryce Reeves beat 28year Democrat incumbent Edd Houck too. Of course in true democrat fashion, Houck isn't giving up and is hinting at recounts, and contesting...

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2011/11/09/late-tally-change-in-spotsylvania-tips-race-for-reeves-over-houck/
No doubt in my mind whatsoever. We won't know this final result for weeks. :(

TFred

ETA: One possible positive? It gives us and others in favor of a rule of law a chance to keep talking about how important it is to keep the Committees out of the hands of cheaters.

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

This is wonderful news! ;) I wrote Barlow right before the election and told him that his dismal record on pro-freedom issues and the refusal to respond to the VCDL survey would result in his dismissal.
GOOD RIDDANCE! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

a big Hoooorah for us here in Isle of Wight! Finally!! Here in my house we did hi-fives last night when we heard the news. On the other hand, I am now represented in the Senate by Louise Lucas!! I guess one step forward, one step back . . . . . .

paramedic70002

You can run against her next time!

I heard a story a while back, she was traveling down the highway and got stopped for speeding. And I mean WAY over the limit. She called the Democrat Sheriff on the phone. The Sheriff called the Deputy on the radio and told him to NOT write the ticket.