• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster Requirements - Research Question

1245A Defender

Nooooo!!!

2) Show me one (1) instance in modern times anywhere in these United States where an honest OCer has ever been the victim of a gun grab/snatch while going about his/her normal daily routine. Again, Verifiable cites required and LEOs, security officers and military are excluded.

I had a feeling that a NEW technicality would be injected in a vein attempt to derail my quest for 0.00001 prize!

I contend that the OCer was honest. I contend that the OCer lacked sufficient knowledge to the crime of unlawful OC in that place.

I can HAZ my prize now!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
2) Show me one (1) instance in modern times anywhere in these United States where an honest OCer has ever been the victim of a gun grab/snatch while going about his/her normal daily routine. Again, Verifiable cites required and LEOs, security officers and military are excluded.

I had a feeling that a NEW technicality would be injected in a vein attempt to derail my quest for 0.00001 prize!

I contend that the OCer was honest. I contend that the OCer lacked sufficient knowledge to the crime of unlawful OC in that place.

I can HAZ my prize now!

You can NOT haz a prize! Not now and probably not never, nohow!

Proofs? Where are they?

All the three of you have done is talk about something that you say happened. Where are the police reports and the court documents? Just because Grapeshot says that Aknazer correctly remembers that something you say happened is not verification. You are going to have to do all the required work or your failing grade remains a failing grade.

Heck, even I can round up someone who will say they heard someone else say I was a nice guy. That does not prove I am.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I can HAZ my prize now!

So you contend that ignorance of the law is an excuse? I would agree, but hasten to add that it is not a valid one.

I do note that you did not submit your entry on the required forms within the time frame allotted. Thank you for playing the game and better luck next time.

1245A Defender

read all of the posts...

post above has better memory than me!

Police: 2 Wrestle Over Gun Inside Restaurant

The fake cop DEA, had only one motive for the attack,,, To take away that gun!
The faker did succeed during the fight to take possession of the gun, then passed it to someone else, who then gave it the the employee.
watch the video, then read the story, very carefully!

Now I really do want my reward!
ive been belittled and challenged.
i actually had to back up something i said.

Now I can HAZ my prize!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Now I can HAZ my prize!

This is at least the second time you were told police and court reports are needed for verification purposes. It is apparent you just do not want to follow the rules.

Not only can you NOT haz a prize, you are smitten with the bannschwerk of shame and may never play the game again.

stay safe.

1245A Defender

just some more info...

If this qualifies I'll go dig up the info, but figured I would post about it first before digging everything up. About six months ago now (maybe slightly longer?) there was a person eating in a restaurant in either AZ or NM and was OCing (which I believe was technically illegal since the place served alcohol, but the OCer wasn't drinking). A man entered the restaurant, saw the gun, and proceeded to attempt to take the gun. He claimed he was from a federal agency (I believe he claimed to be DEA, but am not positive) before demanding the gun. The insane man (no really, he was insane and was killed in a shoot out with the cops a few months later) did not suceed in getting the gun (I believe a bystander managed to secure the gun while the two men were fighting over the gun), but he did attempt to take the gun.

So granted it wasn't a successful grab, but it was an attempt and I didn't see the rules state that it had to be a successful gun grab.

This is at least the second time you were told police and court reports are needed for verification purposes. It is apparent you just do not want to follow the rules.

Not only can you NOT haz a prize, you are smitten with the bannschwerk of shame and may never play the game again.

stay safe.

[h=3]Albuquerque man shot during police confrontation - The Santa ...[/h]

Im feeling tired.

i guess you guys are right, I need to follow the rules.
in light of stringent proof requirements,,, it must of never happened.

carry for myself

maine has a what do ya call it.......police made law *not actual law* that says that if you use an IWB holster to OC you are concealing and will be held at gunpoint and arrested. according to lewiston PD, August and bangor, biddeford and sanford. but as to a REAL law. as in set down in penal code.........i dont believe we have one lol

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Of course, the real value in this thread is how it highlights what liars the anti-gunners are. You'll never see them internally double-checking their info. When has an anti-gunner apologized like Skidmark did above? Only in the gun rights world.

Perhaps my all time favorite attempted gun grab was a few years ago when some knuckleheaded security guard at a department store tried a gun-grab on an OCer from behind. Based on the guard's subsequent injuries, the OCer was the equivalent of Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, and Jackie Chan all rolled into one. What were the injuries, anybody recall? Dislocated knee, broken nose (or jaw), concussion? There were definitely multiple injuries, and not band-aid stuff, neither.

The OCer walked, no charges, if I recall.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

folllowup,,,,

1 or 2 years ago,, a wisconsinite, known as the gun guy in his neighborhood, was walking, OCing and was robbed at gunpoint
of his wallet, watch and pistol. this made many news reports and is fairly well documented.
someone from OCDO said they knew him and that it was a true robbery.
I and many others feel that it was a fake, settup to provide public pressure to advance the need for a CC law in that state.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95999354.html

"post count"

Aknazer

So you contend that ignorance of the law is an excuse? I would agree, but hasten to add that it is not a valid one.

I do note that you did not submit your entry on the required forms within the time frame allotted. Thank you for playing the game and better luck next time.

Tell that to Bill Clinton who got away with w/e they were charging him with because he didn't "know" felatio (sp?) counted as sex.

And personally I just don't care enough to bother digging up court/police records. I was just gonna have you guys donate the money to one of the various legal defense funds anyways if I won.

1245A Defender

uh huh,,

Tell that to Bill Clinton who got away with w/e they were charging him with because he didn't "know" felatio (sp?) counted as sex.

And personally I just don't care enough to bother digging up court/police records. I was just gonna have you guys donate the money to one of the various legal defense funds anyways if I won.

I did want to win the prize announced 3 or 4 years ago, but I didnt really want skids 100$ or grapes ataboys.
there is no controlling legal authority willing to give a prize or to quantify the true requirements of "a gun grab"
the competition gets old when the finish line keeps moving.

grape or skid have gooder google fu than I, they could find the court stuff and the cop stuff, then we all could know.
or coarse this guy wasnt carrying lawfully so it still wouldnt meet the high standards that are required to fulfill the challange.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Maybe it's time to 'fess up about part of this.

The goal line keeps getting moved and the rules made harder and harder to keep up with for a special purpose. That is to make it as difficult as possible for someone to come up wth the all-elusive "proof" of an actual incident that the gun-grabbers say should be happening several times every day.

Understanding that, you are unbannshwerked and can play again. Just remember, this is going to make getting the reward from Crime Stoppers look easy. Hoops - we got them. How well can you jump?

stay safe.

Aknazer

The goal line keeps getting moved and the rules made harder and harder to keep up with for a special purpose. That is to make it as difficult as possible for someone to come up wth the all-elusive "proof" of an actual incident that the gun-grabbers say should be happening several times every day.

Understanding that, you are unbannshwerked and can play again. Just remember, this is going to make getting the reward from Crime Stoppers look easy. Hoops - we got them. How well can you jump?

stay safe.

Well even with "loose" rules I can only think of three incidents with only one being potentially successful. There's the one we have been talking about, the incident where the man lived in a bad part of town and would OC only to end up getting robbed for the gun while he was unlocking his apartment door, and the last incident was from a poster on this forum who had a guy end up going "what would you do if I did this" and proceeded to reach for the gun.

Though I fully understand that the exercise is to show just how improbable being targeted for OCing really is. It's not just improbable, it is statistically improbable that it will happen.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well even with "loose" rules I can only think of three incidents with only one being potentially successful. There's the one we have been talking about, the incident where the man lived in a bad part of town and would OC only to end up getting robbed for the gun while he was unlocking his apartment door, and the last incident was from a poster on this forum who had a guy end up going "what would you do if I did this" and proceeded to reach for the gun.

Though I fully understand that the exercise is to show just how improbable being targeted for OCing really is. It's not just improbable, it is statistically improbable that it will happen.

(And haven't said this in a while :D) you'd sooner try to grab a rattlesnake's tongue.

hermannr

The easiest way to take care of OK CC concealment problem is to eliminate it. If there is no law that says you must conceal, who cares if someone sees it?

As to the OC person being targeted for their carry, you will probably have to look for instances where cops had their carry removed and used against them...it happens, but not very frequently.

As to a law on holsters? None that I know of. You can count that as any western state (WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, NV and probably CA)

Is there a legal requirement for a type of holster for law enforcement, or security? Who cares, I am neither, I'm retired.

Do I prefer a particular type of holster and am I big on retention?..ya sure,,,would I require everyone to use that type of holster. No, that is what freedom of choice is all about. What a dull world it would be if everyone thought like I do.

1245A Defender

well,,,

stay safe.

Thank you Skid,,,I feel much better now that, that has been said.
I look forward to future tries for the elusive prize.
I agree with you now, that the bar should be set very high.
It really does us no good to accept gun grabs that dont fully qualify,
I am now going to start a file of ANY crumby actions that are caused by ANY openly carried hand gun.

TO THE OP,,,,,
I normally carry in a belt slider, cross draw, at 3 oclock.
It has no retention system other than friction.
My elbow is usually next too or behind the gun, PLUS!
I can draw with Either hand!
I can draw while seat belted in my car,,, with either hand,,, Even when Im wearing my coat!!!!