Thread: Open carry & "any portion conceald"

Open carry & "any portion conceald"

I came across a state that I'm sure used to allow "open carry," any person could carry a handgun (with a clean record) as long as it was visible. Now it is a no-no if "if any portion of the weapon is concealed" as in a portion cannot be seen in a holster. Riiiiight. OK, so back in the day a bit ago there was such as a see through bra, the no bra and wet t-shirt. etc. etc. So what say we come up with a see through holster reckon then it would not be considered concealed.

Colo.

Welcome to OCDO.

WTF are you talking about? Which state? What law (please give a link so we can look at it ourself)? Is this something new? If not, have you looked at how other folks deal with it, and just how do they deal with it?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Taking a SWAG.... Alabama.
    The only thing wrong with a transparent holster is that the side against the body would "partially conceal the firearm" according to some legal theories. :screwy-aint-it:

Man, now I remember why I like OC in my state. As long as enough is showing for it to obviously be a gun (i.e. the butt and grip,) it's not considered CC. Adding another state to my list of places not to visit...
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Man, now I remember why I like OC in my state. As long as enough is showing for it to obviously be a gun (i.e. the butt and grip,) it's not considered CC. Adding another state to my list of places not to visit...
    You mean you know what state the OP was referring to? Please share!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Actually, if Blackhawk started making Serpa's in transparent Lexan, I would buy one in a heartbeat for my Para. That would be SUPER spiffy, like WonderWoman's transparent jet...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I think I remember someone in Mississippi complaining about "if any part is concealed". I don't know if that was some local interpertation of their law, or for real..just don't know.