• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry & "any portion conceald"

Colorado

I came across a state that I'm sure used to allow "open carry," any person could carry a handgun (with a clean record) as long as it was visible. Now it is a no-no if "if any portion of the weapon is concealed" as in a portion cannot be seen in a holster. Riiiiight. OK, so back in the day a bit ago there was such as a see through bra, the no bra and wet t-shirt. etc. etc. So what say we come up with a see through holster reckon then it would not be considered concealed. :D:banana:

Colo.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO.

WTF are you talking about? Which state? What law (please give a link so we can look at it ourself)? Is this something new? If not, have you looked at how other folks deal with it, and just how do they deal with it?

stay safe.

Fallschirjmäger

Taking a SWAG.... Alabama.
The only thing wrong with a transparent holster is that the side against the body would "partially conceal the firearm" according to some legal theories. :screwy-aint-it:

Polynikes

Man, now I remember why I like OC in my state. As long as enough is showing for it to obviously be a gun (i.e. the butt and grip,) it's not considered CC. Adding another state to my list of places not to visit...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Man, now I remember why I like OC in my state. As long as enough is showing for it to obviously be a gun (i.e. the butt and grip,) it's not considered CC. Adding another state to my list of places not to visit...

You mean you know what state the OP was referring to? Please share!

stay safe.

Dreamer

Actually, if Blackhawk started making Serpa's in transparent Lexan, I would buy one in a heartbeat for my Para. That would be SUPER spiffy, like WonderWoman's transparent jet...

hermannr

I think I remember someone in Mississippi complaining about "if any part is concealed". I don't know if that was some local interpertation of their law, or for real..just don't know.