Thread: Paul Scott Recall succeeds (Republican State Rep. From Flint area)

Paul Scott Recall succeeds (Republican State Rep. From Flint area)

I'm a bit worried what this will do to our gun bills. Rumblings around Lansing is that the Republicans are pooping their pants over the recall and now they won't move anything "controversial" (This includes the bills that we want passed that are favorable to gun rights).

Let's hope this isn't true!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    Now all we got to do, is recall the rest of them, as well as the governor.

The legislature wasnt going to do anything pro gun anyhow, they have made that abundantly clear.

If we do that, I fear the new lot won't be much better. Gun advocates sadly make up a small minority of the population.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Well lets just keep doing what we have been. Where would we be today if people gave up because things got a little tough? If someone told me I had to dress up as a clown and ride a unicylce to convince the legislature get a pro firearms bill to pass, I would learn how to ride a unicycle! This isnt familiar territory for any of you veterans to the gun world so lets press on, the good news is you have new young enthusiasts like me getting involved everyday!

Banned
    Theres a much better chance of you getting the legislature to dress as a bunch of clowns and ride unicycles, than to get them to pass pro gun legislation. They are a bunch of chickens this time around.

We need to figure out an angle to get them on our side so that they will pass pro gun bills. I mean we are the people our constitution refers to.

Stainless is right

this so pro gun rights conservative legislature wasn't and isn't about to pass anything pro 2A even while they have control. Jasse Bolger responded to my e-mail concerning the elimination of PFZ's by saying if we open the gun laws up then the evil anti gun folks will be able to change things maybe not to our liking. really? I thought they had control. I frankly am delighted to see them pooping their pants.........its called accountability to the people. its about time. me thinks some more heads need to roll to really send the message home.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Lightbulb It's all about "framing" the issues(s) Q ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I'm a bit worried what this will do to our gun bills. Rumblings around Lansing is that the Republicans are pooping their pants over the recall and now they won't move anything "controversial" (This includes the bills that we want passed that are favorable to gun rights).

Let's hope this isn't true!
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post

The legislature wasnt going to do anything pro gun anyhow, they have made that abundantly clear.
    If we do that, I fear the new lot won't be much better. Gun advocates sadly make up a small minority of the population.
    We "Gun advocates" need to broaden the scope of our message. Meaning instead of just saying we are "gun advocates", we should always state whenever we can that we are "rights advocates". In particular the rights guaranteed to us under the the Bill of rights contained in our U.S. Constitution. If we were to do this as individuals and as a group I think we could slip free of the "Gun Nuts" label; as regular citizens would start to understand that the 2A is the best way to protect the rest of the rights that they take for granted on a daily basis.

Hell, I bet 90% of U.S. citizens cannot tell you the first 10 amendments to our Constitution!
    http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html
    If we foster understanding and educate we will do far better in my opinion. You know, give a person a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach him/her to fish and they'll eat for life. If we connect the dots for the general public and teach them how dependent the 1A & 2A are (along with the other Bill of rights freedoms), are on one another, then and only then, will they understand that by sitting on the side-lines they are helping those who wish us to be serfs and not the free people we are with undeniable rights for which our forefathers fought, bled and died for!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 11-09-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: link
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

A big +1 ^^^

Well said sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post
    this so pro gun rights conservative legislature wasn't and isn't about to pass anything pro 2A even while they have control. Jasse Bolger responded to my e-mail concerning the elimination of PFZ's by saying if we open the gun laws up then the evil anti gun folks will be able to change things maybe not to our liking. really? I thought they had control. I frankly am delighted to see them pooping their pants.........its called accountability to the people. its about time. me thinks some more heads need to roll to really send the message home.
    I believe that you have hit the nail on the head. The republicans have not produced one piece of legislation that could be considered "pro-gun". I also find it interesting that the elimination of the PFZs was introduced by a Democrat. Enough said.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I also find it interesting that the elimination of the PFZs was introduced by a Democrat. Enough said.
    HB 4009 was. SB 58 was intro'd by a Senate Republican.

Banned
    I wish there was a way to get every legislator to read this thread.

Banned
    I sent them a link, let's see if the take 2 minutes to read it. Would be nice if they posted thier reasons for neglecting our rights for the past few decades.

I believe that you have hit the nail on the head. The republicans have not produced one piece of legislation that could be considered "pro-gun". I also find it interesting that the elimination of the PFZs was introduced by a Democrat. Enough said.
    +1

Further, in no way, shape or form, do I consider SB 0760 of 2011, pro-gun. In fact, regardless of what others' may think, I'm completely against the Bill (760, 761 & 762). There's no reason to attempt to fix something that for nearly 80 years was never broke. If however, 750.227d was amended/repealed, then do as you wish with 760.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXDacp View Post
    +1

Further, in no way, shape or form, do I consider SB 0760 of 2011, pro-gun. In fact, regardless of what others' may think, I'm completely against the Bill (760, 761 & 762). There's no reason to attempt to fix something that for nearly 80 years was never broke. If however, 750.227d was amended/repealed, then do as you wish with 760.
    I too oppose changing the definition of pistol from 30" to 26" in length. This means you can't carry a Mossberg 500 for SD in your vehicle under your CPL.

I too oppose changing the definition of pistol from 30" to 26" in length. This means you can't carry a Mossberg 500 for SD in your vehicle under your CPL.
    Michigan Pistols "licensed" (28.422) prior to the effective date will most likey be grandfathered in. i.e. Can't unregister a pistol...but still....

ETA: Should be 28.422a with a CPL.
    Last edited by SpringerXDacp; 11-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Banned
    Don't forget the biggest gob of spit in the face of liberty, the CPL itself.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post

Really?

Would you prefer we elect all dumbocrats like IL or CA and not be allowed to carry? Keep electing idiots that want to strip away our rights.

Do you think the scumbag from lansing would have granted ANY of the pro gun bills? Correct he would not have he is rabidly antigun.

The scumbag from lansing would let the leachs stay on welfare forever also. Would you like a few more examples?

Banned
    I want to see one of two things happen in Lansing. Changes to the positive in terms of gun rights, or changes in who is taking up the office space.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    Really?

Would you prefer we elect all dumbocrats like IL or CA and not be allowed to carry? Keep electing idiots that want to strip away our rights.

Do you think the scumbag from lansing would have granted ANY of the pro gun bills? Correct he would not have he is rabidly antigun.

The scumbag from lansing would let the leachs stay on welfare forever also. Would you like a few more examples?
    No. Why would one necessarily need to elect "dumbocrats"? Or Republicans... or (fill in the blank)
    Political Parties in the United States are nothing more than money machines geared to win elections. Unlike politicians in multiparty countries, our politicians can disagree with 100% of their chosen party's platform and still be considered a valuable member. I have encountered many politicians who choose party loyalty simply on which party typically wins in a given area. It is really too bad that some here haven't quite grasped that party affiliation, at least in the US, tells you nothing about the person's stance on any issue. Assuming that it does just perpetuates the problem.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up Quoted for Truth!

No. Why would one necessarily need to elect "dumbocrats"? Or Republicans... or (fill in the blank)
    Political Parties in the United States are nothing more than money machines geared to win elections. Unlike politicians in multiparty countries, our politicians can disagree with 100% of their chosen party's platform and still be considered a valuable member. I have encountered many politicians who choose party loyalty simply on which party typically wins in a given area. It is really too bad that some here haven't quite grasped that party affiliation, at least in the US, tells you nothing about the person's stance on any issue. Assuming that it does just perpetuates the problem.
    This Sir is one of the most accurate,honest assessments of one of the biggest issues for those who truly value their liberties.

Sadly, I fear it is lost on many here, but continue to fight the good fight Sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5hYL...eature=related
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

DrTodd,

You sir, have hit the nail on the head this time. I do not believe that one party or another is any more inclined to do the peoples bidding as much as they are their party line agenda. I believe the reason Paul Scott was recalled is because he represented one thing to the people in his election bid then turned around and did what his party wanted. There is a reason his contributors from out of state, who had no "dog in the fight" gave him that money. It is said he out spent the evil MEA 2 to 1 and still lost. Out of 25000 votes you can't tell me that the 51st district has over 12500 MEA members that voted how they were told to by their union. no way in H E double hocky sticks.