• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Scott Recall succeeds (Republican State Rep. From Flint area)

TheQ

I'm a bit worried what this will do to our gun bills. Rumblings around Lansing is that the Republicans are pooping their pants over the recall and now they won't move anything "controversial" (This includes the bills that we want passed that are favorable to gun rights).

:(

Let's hope this isn't true!

TheQ

If we do that, I fear the new lot won't be much better. Gun advocates sadly make up a small minority of the population.

Yance

Well lets just keep doing what we have been. Where would we be today if people gave up because things got a little tough? If someone told me I had to dress up as a clown and ride a unicylce to convince the legislature get a pro firearms bill to pass, I would learn how to ride a unicycle! This isnt familiar territory for any of you veterans to the gun world so lets press on, the good news is you have new young enthusiasts like me getting involved everyday!

Yance

We need to figure out an angle to get them on our side so that they will pass pro gun bills. I mean we are the people our constitution refers to.

Ken56

Stainless is right

this so pro gun rights conservative legislature wasn't and isn't about to pass anything pro 2A even while they have control. Jasse Bolger responded to my e-mail concerning the elimination of PFZ's by saying if we open the gun laws up then the evil anti gun folks will be able to change things maybe not to our liking. really? I thought they had control. I frankly am delighted to see them pooping their pants.........its called accountability to the people. its about time. me thinks some more heads need to roll to really send the message home.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
It's all about "framing" the issues(s) Q ;)

I'm a bit worried what this will do to our gun bills. Rumblings around Lansing is that the Republicans are pooping their pants over the recall and now they won't move anything "controversial" (This includes the bills that we want passed that are favorable to gun rights).

:(

Let's hope this isn't true!

Now all we got to do, is recall the rest of them, as well as the governor.

The legislature wasnt going to do anything pro gun anyhow, they have made that abundantly clear.

If we do that, I fear the new lot won't be much better. Gun advocates sadly make up a small minority of the population.
We "Gun advocates" need to broaden the scope of our message. Meaning instead of just saying we are "gun advocates", we should always state whenever we can that we are "rights advocates". In particular the rights guaranteed to us under the the Bill of rights contained in our U.S. Constitution. If we were to do this as individuals and as a group I think we could slip free of the "Gun Nuts" label; as regular citizens would start to understand that the 2A is the best way to protect the rest of the rights that they take for granted on a daily basis.

Hell, I bet 90% of U.S. citizens cannot tell you the first 10 amendments to our Constitution! :eek:
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html
If we foster understanding and educate we will do far better in my opinion. You know, give a person a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach him/her to fish and they'll eat for life. If we connect the dots for the general public and teach them how dependent the 1A & 2A are (along with the other Bill of rights freedoms), are on one another, then and only then, will they understand that by sitting on the side-lines they are helping those who wish us to be serfs and not the free people we are with undeniable rights for which our forefathers fought, bled and died for!

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
this so pro gun rights conservative legislature wasn't and isn't about to pass anything pro 2A even while they have control. Jasse Bolger responded to my e-mail concerning the elimination of PFZ's by saying if we open the gun laws up then the evil anti gun folks will be able to change things maybe not to our liking. really? I thought they had control. I frankly am delighted to see them pooping their pants.........its called accountability to the people. its about time. me thinks some more heads need to roll to really send the message home.

I believe that you have hit the nail on the head. The republicans have not produced one piece of legislation that could be considered "pro-gun". I also find it interesting that the elimination of the PFZs was introduced by a Democrat. Enough said.

SpringerXDacp

I believe that you have hit the nail on the head. The republicans have not produced one piece of legislation that could be considered "pro-gun". I also find it interesting that the elimination of the PFZs was introduced by a Democrat. Enough said.

+1

Further, in no way, shape or form, do I consider SB 0760 of 2011, pro-gun. In fact, regardless of what others' may think, I'm completely against the Bill (760, 761 & 762). There's no reason to attempt to fix something that for nearly 80 years was never broke. If however, 750.227d was amended/repealed, then do as you wish with 760. :mad:

TheQ

+1

Further, in no way, shape or form, do I consider SB 0760 of 2011, pro-gun. In fact, regardless of what others' may think, I'm completely against the Bill (760, 761 & 762). There's no reason to attempt to fix something that for nearly 80 years was never broke. If however, 750.227d was amended/repealed, then do as you wish with 760. :mad:

I too oppose changing the definition of pistol from 30" to 26" in length. This means you can't carry a Mossberg 500 for SD in your vehicle under your CPL.

SpringerXDacp

I too oppose changing the definition of pistol from 30" to 26" in length. This means you can't carry a Mossberg 500 for SD in your vehicle under your CPL.

Michigan Pistols "licensed" :lol: (28.422) prior to the effective date will most likey be grandfathered in. i.e. Can't unregister a pistol...but still....

ETA: Should be 28.422a with a CPL.

Last edited:

Super Trucker

Now all we got to do, is recall the rest of them, as well as the governor.

The legislature wasnt going to do anything pro gun anyhow, they have made that abundantly clear.

Really?

Would you prefer we elect all dumbocrats like IL or CA and not be allowed to carry? Keep electing idiots that want to strip away our rights.

Do you think the scumbag from lansing would have granted ANY of the pro gun bills? Correct he would not have he is rabidly antigun.

The scumbag from lansing would let the leachs stay on welfare forever also. Would you like a few more examples?