• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob and Rooco Fun show in Waukesha

2superblus

Any thoughts on how you think that they are planning to handle CCW at the show?
I posted on AR15.com too about this to poll the masses.

Jason in WI

They have always been posted when I went. Only firearms allowed in are cleared and the action zip-tied.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

phred

They have always been posted when I went. Only firearms allowed in are cleared and the action zip-tied.

I will confirm this. At the Cedar Creek show in Rothschild last weekend, all firearms were checked at the front desk, cleared and zip-tied. Clearly, Bob Pucci is not a supporter of the American and Wisconsin Constitutions.

2superblus

I emailed this to him today.

"Bob,
Some of us were discussing going to the events that you organize and were wondering if patrons holding the WI CCW permits will be allowed to carry into the shows?
I do understand that in the past Open carry was not allowed by patrons and understood the reasons behind it. However if WI CCW permit holders are told they can't CCW
at the show you may receive a backlash from those patrons. We all do appreciate what your shows have to offer and hope to continue to be patrons of your events.

Thank you "

I guess I will wait to see what type of response I am granted. Normally I meet up with about 3-5 people to go hit the shows for something to do, occasionally I find a deal that makes it worthwhile.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/ConcealedCarry/ccw-faq-20111020.pdf

Under the section:
NOTICE OF REFUSAL OF RIGHT TO CARRY CONCEALED

For non-residential buildings, state or governmental property or university or college: A sign must be posted in a prominent place near all of the entrances to the part of the building to which the restriction applies and any individual entering the building can be reasonably expected to see the sign. Wis. Stat. § 943.13(2)(bm)2.b.

How big of a sign must be used?
A sign must be at least five inches by seven inches that states the restriction on carrying a firearm. Wis. Stat. § 943.13(2)(bm)1.

What must the sign say?
In regard to posting land, the law only provides that the sign must provide an ―appropriate notice‖ and the name of the person giving the notice (listing self as either the owner of occupant). Wis. Stats. § 943.13(2)am1. In regard to other locations the sign must simply state the restriction imposed. Wis. Stats. § 943.13(2)(bm)1. At a minimum the sign must inform people that weapons or firearms are prohibited. There are a number of messages that would meet the standard and the ultimate purpose of the sign is to put individuals on notice of the prohibition or limitation.

Last edited:

Packfanatic

+1000

I will confirm this. At the Cedar Creek show in Rothschild last weekend, all firearms were checked at the front desk, cleared and zip-tied. Clearly, Bob Pucci is not a supporter of the American and Wisconsin Constitutions.

I agree. Why support him when he does not support what we have a right to?

MKEgal

Last time (or maybe the time before) they were in Waukesha,
the money-taker / front desk worker got seriously fresh with civilwarguy's lady.
Never got an apology.
Check the WI forum for the story, or PM him.

smithman

I bumped my arm into a guy walking in last year when it was really busy. I felt some iron on his right side underneath his coat. Another person I saw a couple years ago had a .38 in his overalls pocket.

People have been concealing at gun shows for years, and it will continue, despite any signs to the contrary. If Bob doesn't allow concealed carry at his event then he should be laughed at just the same as businesses that post gun ban signs.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I bumped my arm into a guy walking in last year when it was really busy. I felt some iron on his right side underneath his coat. Another person I saw a couple years ago had a .38 in his overalls pocket.

People have been concealing at gun shows for years, and it will continue, despite any signs to the contrary. If Bob doesn't allow concealed carry at his event then he should be laughed at just the same as businesses that post gun ban signs.

When I worked the WCI booth one time, I was surprised how many people came up to me and showed me they concealed firearm.

oak1971

Those Bob and Rocco shows are lame anyway. Same vendors at every show selling the same stuff year in and year out. The waiting period guarantees that I won't buy from 99% of the gun dealers. Then there is the creepy old Fudds that hang out with Bob Pucci. Not being able to carry there is one more reason not to go.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
On a side note, isn't this the same traveling gun show that another member posted about a while back, stating that the "bouncer" was making awkward sexual advances toward his girlfriend? I can't find the post. Thought it was back in early summer. He said he emailed the organizer as well, and I don't think he ever got a response back.

Carmmond

On a side note, isn't this the same traveling gun show that another member posted about a while back, stating that the "bouncer" was making awkward sexual advances toward his girlfriend? I can't find the post. Thought it was back in early summer. He said he emailed the organizer as well, and I don't think he ever got a response back.

Yep it was and that and 2superblus findings he can get stuffed..... by me. I have been to the shows in the past but never again. And I let my family know in Green Bay and Lacross area know about this also.