• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Editorial in Pierce County Herald by an anti gunner

Walt_Kowalski

If the comments were enabled, id point out that they can 'feel like shootings will go up' and the statistics and facts will show that they will go down, along with violent crime.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
What A Dumb Thing To Write....

No facts, no figures, just anti-2nd amendment rhetoric.

I especially like this sentence: "As old as we are, we can’t recall a single incident of a person in our area being shot, wounded or killed in a public place." Does this guy live in a shoe box?

Vandil

Does this guy live in a shoe box?

Pierce County!

Entire county has a population less than the mid sized city I live in. 98%+ White, 58%+ married households, largest city in the county hasn't had a murder since before 1999. So yes shoe box might as well be a gold fish in a bowl telling the fish in the ocean how to swim.

protias

But for every story like that, we could provide 10 about people accidentally shot by themselves, a friend or family member just because a gun happened to be handy.

And where is one story? It would be pretty easy to have those readily available, especially on a website.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Comments Are Enabled...Click On "Talk About It"....

If the comments were enabled, id point out that they can 'feel like shootings will go up' and the statistics and facts will show that they will go down, along with violent crime.

I just noticed that comments are enabled....look for the "Talk About It" near the top of the article.

BROKENSPROKET

Carcharodon

"One last warning: Be careful on the roads. The driver you annoy might fight back with more than a hand gesture."

My favorite line once again. Road Rage, Road Rage, Road Rage. Your ****** driving is gonna piss someone off so bad, they're gonna carefully follow you to your destination, get out their evil gun and shoot you. Bull Crap. If you're so worried about that happening, stop talking to your hippie friends while you drive and pay attention.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
"One last warning: Be careful on the roads. The driver you annoy might fight back with more than a hand gesture."

My favorite line once again. Road Rage, Road Rage, Road Rage. Your ****** driving is gonna piss someone off so bad, they're gonna carefully follow you to your destination, get out their evil gun and shoot you. Bull Crap. If you're so worried about that happening, stop talking to your hippie friends while you drive and pay attention.

Wonder if he feels the same way about the Pierce county hunters that will be driving around with an uncased unloaded long gun with a loaded magazine next to it.

oak1971

No one reads the papers anymore. They are all run and staffed by Marxists, and have systematically removed any content that could hold the readers interest.