• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lisbon Maine Fish and Game range

Lepine1

I just checked out the requirements for the Lisbon Fish and Game range. It is only $35 for new members then $25 a year for renewals. Once your a member you get almost unrestrictive access. Memebrship form and details located at http://www.lisbonfga.org/ I will be attending the meeting on 16 November, hopefully be voted in, and will attend the orientation the following Saturday. I'll keep the board posted.

jonjon_jon

This is little out of place but I didn't know where else to post it and wanted to make it available for forum.

Obama Pushing Shooters Off Public Lands
November 16, 2011 RSS Feed Print

Gun owners who have historically been able to use public lands for target practice would be barred from potentially millions of acres under new rules drafted by the Interior Department, the first major move by the Obama administration to impose limits on firearms.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...11/16/obama-pushing-shooters-off-public-lands

jonjon_jon

This is little out of place but I didn't know where else to post it and wanted to make it available for forum.

Obama Pushing Shooters Off Public Lands
November 16, 2011 RSS Feed Print

Gun owners who have historically been able to use public lands for target practice would be barred from potentially millions of acres under new rules drafted by the Interior Department, the first major move by the Obama administration to impose limits on firearms.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...11/16/obama-pushing-shooters-off-public-lands

Update

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...s-heard-interior-will-not-ban-target-practice

carry for myself

i WISH there was a range in southern maine that cheap. i think the cheapest down here is N Berwick and thats like $125 a year......ugh. good thing i know of a sandpit lol

jonjon_jon

i WISH there was a range in southern maine that cheap. i think the cheapest down here is N Berwick and thats like $125 a year......ugh. good thing i know of a sandpit lol

Well if I was on the board which I hope to be someday, of this new Organization that Shane is trying to get of the ground that would be one of my main goals. I would push Shane and other members (not that I think it would take much to push Shane) to make the rounds and see if we could get discounts for our membership in South, North, East, Western, Maine at one or two clubs for all our members. Power comes with numbers and so don't the benefits. (I just wish we we're getting more support so we could work for all members of MOCA) Don't take this personal Carry for myself it's not directed at anyone just a general statement.

Last edited:

Maine CWP Training

Administration Backtracks on Recreational Shooting in Parks
November 23, 2011

The Obama administration said Wednesday it will not impose new restrictions on recreational shooting on public lands, a Thanksgiving gift for thousands of gun owners and hunters concerned about a draft plan to limit target shooting near residential areas.

READ MORE