Thread: Random question concerning hotels

Random question concerning hotels

Recently I noticed a no weapons sign at local hotel's front entrance. My question is what if you are living in this hotel
    And it's your permanent residence? Technically only the room is your residence, but you wouldn't be able to carry in or out since the rest of the hotel is banned for weapons..

Quote Originally Posted by Jon34511 View Post
    Recently I noticed a no weapons sign at local hotel's front entrance. My question is what if you are living in this hotel
    And it's your permanent residence? Technically only the room is your residence, but you wouldn't be able to carry in or out since the rest of the hotel is banned for weapons..
    No guns = no funds
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon34511 View Post
    As far as I know, there are no reasons that the owner of a hotel property would be exempted from the general privilege enjoyed by all property owners to determine the policy of conduct of guests on their property, including the policy of not allowing you to bring firearms onto their property.

As noted, if the hotel is not gun-friendly, then patronize one that is.

TFred

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Their rules, their private property.

You dont follow the rules, you're SOL.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

What they ^ said. Virginia does not have a law like some other states defining a hotel/motel room as a temporary residence. Virginia has a lot of laws that favor the innkeeper (legal term for the hotel/motel operator/manager/desk clerk) over the guest. Next time you are standing in front of the door looking out the peephole drop your gaze down a bit an read that card nailed to the inside of the door.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    No guns = no funds
    +1
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    There is a motel in another state where I have been staying on a periodic basis for many years. They have a GunBuster sign on the doors to the lobby but nothing of the sort on the actual motel buildings (the lobby is in a separate building). I have always interpreted this to mean no guns in the lobby, no problem in the rooms. And as I stated, there are no signs in the buildings with the rooms.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I stay in a lot of hotels and have never seen one. I OC most of the time, too.

Would be interested to know what hotel the OP saw posted as I stay down that way regularly.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I remember a big stink a few years ago when the NRA's host hotel at their annual convention put up a "no guns" sign.....Charlotte, NC, I believe.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Red face

The Hilton and Marriott chains have never had an issue. I get the feeling that these chains follow local law/policy, and don't adopt a general "anti" stance. They have alot of conferences, and would lose alot of capital.
    Only person I have ever had an issue with was a little old lady maid. She walked in and my gun was sitting on the tv, and it scared her, and she made me hold it while she got me my coffee packets and such.
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    The Hilton and Marriott chains have never had an issue. I get the feeling that these chains follow local law/policy, and don't adopt a general "anti" stance. They have alot of conferences, and would lose alot of capital.
    Only person I have ever had an issue with was a little old lady maid. She walked in and my gun was sitting on the tv, and it scared her, and she made me hold it while she got me my coffee packets and such.
    Wait a gun sitting by it self scared her, but a man holding that gun didn't. were you petting it to keep it calm so it wouldn't b ite her?
    Last edited by Wolf_shadow; 11-16-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Wolf--I see your point. LOL, she basically wanted me to move it from where she was working to replenish my "stuff"...I just put it on the table next me. I didn't actually remove from holster, and/or put it on my lap. Moved 7.5 feet to near me instead of near her..
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone