• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Random question concerning hotels

Jon34511

Recently I noticed a no weapons sign at local hotel's front entrance. My question is what if you are living in this hotel
And it's your permanent residence? Technically only the room is your residence, but you wouldn't be able to carry in or out since the rest of the hotel is banned for weapons..

nuc65

Activist Member
Recently I noticed a no weapons sign at local hotel's front entrance. My question is what if you are living in this hotel
And it's your permanent residence? Technically only the room is your residence, but you wouldn't be able to carry in or out since the rest of the hotel is banned for weapons..

No guns = no funds

TFred

As far as I know, there are no reasons that the owner of a hotel property would be exempted from the general privilege enjoyed by all property owners to determine the policy of conduct of guests on their property, including the policy of not allowing you to bring firearms onto their property.

As noted, if the hotel is not gun-friendly, then patronize one that is.

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What they ^ said. Virginia does not have a law like some other states defining a hotel/motel room as a temporary residence. Virginia has a lot of laws that favor the innkeeper (legal term for the hotel/motel operator/manager/desk clerk) over the guest. Next time you are standing in front of the door looking out the peephole drop your gaze down a bit an read that card nailed to the inside of the door.:shocker:

stay safe.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
There is a motel in another state where I have been staying on a periodic basis for many years. They have a GunBuster sign on the doors to the lobby but nothing of the sort on the actual motel buildings (the lobby is in a separate building). I have always interpreted this to mean no guns in the lobby, no problem in the rooms. And as I stated, there are no signs in the buildings with the rooms.

zoom6zoom

I stay in a lot of hotels and have never seen one. I OC most of the time, too.

Would be interested to know what hotel the OP saw posted as I stay down that way regularly.

Red Dawg

The Hilton and Marriott chains have never had an issue. I get the feeling that these chains follow local law/policy, and don't adopt a general "anti" stance. They have alot of conferences, and would lose alot of capital.
Only person I have ever had an issue with was a little old lady maid. She walked in and my gun was sitting on the tv, and it scared her, and she made me hold it while she got me my coffee packets and such. :)

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
The Hilton and Marriott chains have never had an issue. I get the feeling that these chains follow local law/policy, and don't adopt a general "anti" stance. They have alot of conferences, and would lose alot of capital.
Only person I have ever had an issue with was a little old lady maid. She walked in and my gun was sitting on the tv, and it scared her, and she made me hold it while she got me my coffee packets and such. :)
Wait a gun sitting by it self scared her, but a man holding that gun didn't.:confused: were you petting it to keep it calm so it wouldn't b ite her? :lol:

Last edited:

Red Dawg

Wolf--I see your point. LOL, she basically wanted me to move it from where she was working to replenish my "stuff"...I just put it on the table next me. I didn't actually remove from holster, and/or put it on my lap. Moved 7.5 feet to near me instead of near her..