• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

do you know?

neuroblades

Mas Ayoob has one objective in everything he writes and says. That objective is to sell his books and articles and to sell his services as a trainer and expert witness. If he can invent a controversy he may get hired to settle it. I enjoy his writing and appreciate his point of view, but try to keep in mind the audience he writes for.

If you are involved in a shooting:
(6)The best defense is and always has been "the man attacked me and I feared for my life". That is all that the law requires and anything more than that just clouds the issue. Just repeat it over and over.

Once again, a very insightful posting Gutshot. :) I once sat in one of Mas' classes when I worked in Florida, he was there for a training class with us and the man is pretty dead-on about most of his information and insight, not to say that you're wrong because I know as well as the next guy, money talks. *LOL*

The way I view all of Mas' information and insight is that his analysis is from a post-incident, law enforcement POV, this is based upon the fact that he has law enforcement background and works with the courts for LE and civilain sides as per the cases. I have a great respect doe what hee's written even though there have been times that I begged to differ on some of his points but the man is old than me and has seen more action than I have.

Granted, Mas' is more CC oriented than OC but he has mentioned in some of his writing's, the advantage of OC.

As for this topic; I carry a SIG, there's NO SAFETY per se and I do carry with the round in the chamber, JIC. I totally & whole-heartedly agree with you on Point #6!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Prosecuting attorneys could know someone cocked their hammer frOm a police report maybe? When you've just shot someone and the law arrives wantIng to know everything you've done, most people would tell them, being as they are jacked up On adrenaline, and probably terrified. Once that is written down as you know, it goes into the report. And I'm sure as you know attorneys will do and say anything for a conviction. As far as mas, I believe the majority of what he says/writes because he has about as much experience in the field as anyone could, being as he has been an expert witness in such trials for years, and worked as a police prosecutor in new Hampshire. The article I read mentiOned nothing of his books, just provided case law of past prosecutions, and information so we wouldn't be in the same positiOn. I'm fairly certain this was in American handgunner, several months back, and the article is always very informative in every issue, and as for his books, I've read them all, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

hotrod

The "3 step firing" comes from being in possession of enough of a controlled substance to traffic.
If your firearm is in your reach and takes less then 3 steps to fire (1.load mag, 2. Cock gun, 3. Safety, 4. Fire) then it is considered a felony firearm possession. And I have talked to a lawyer about this, and when possible I will get the source of his information.

But this ONLY applies if you have an amount of a controlled substance (i.e marijuana, cocaine, illegal prescription pills) to traffic.

Don't waste your time looking for a citation, it doesn't exist. If you are in possession of a controlled substance, the violation would be under 18USC922(g).