Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 108

Thread: OC in a near riot

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    OC in a near riot

    I decided to shoot the Occupy Richmond people trying to invade Monroe Park.
    I spent the next 8 hours shooting some of the best demonstration video I've ever gotten.

    All afternoon and into the night, there were helicopters and police planes, a massive police buildup, and finally the protesters.

    Things were noisy but non violent until the Cops decided to start arresting people for covering their faces (Felony arrests).

    The Crowd didn't like that at all and charged the police line. One cop picked up a bike and threw it into the crowd and they dragged a few protesters off in handcuffs and the crowd got rowdier.
    The Cops finally closed the street completely because VCU students were pouring out of the dorms and joining the the fun.

    I was OCing an old 357 in case I got arrested (They did arrest a photographer the other night) and CCing my Taser in a shoulder holster.

    I'm not sure they even noticed my gun but they were real unhappy at being videoed for 8 hours.

    It was a massive overreaction on the City's part. Loved it!

  2. #2
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    Vids or it didn't happen.

    Glad this wan't you:

    Last edited by carsontech; 11-09-2011 at 11:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Video's coming. It takes a while to edit 53 gigs of AVCHD.

    If that'd been me, you wouldn't be able to play the audio

  4. #4
    Regular Member GreatDaneMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chesapeake, Va
    Posts
    213
    Id like to have seen that one... I was too busy occupying my place of employment.

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    I don't have the bandwidth here to upload HD but here is a short low rez clip:


  6. #6
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    "The whole world is watching!"

    More! UPLOAD!

  7. #7
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatDaneMan View Post
    Id like to have seen that one... I was too busy occupying my place of employment.
    +1. I kind of wish these protestors would go and occupy a J O B.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  8. #8
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    "The whole world is watching!"

    More! UPLOAD!
    I'm afraid it'll have to wait until next week. I still have to finish the Hanover talk for Philip and a couple other feebies and I'm going hunting in a few minutes.

    The interviews were good also even though I had to cut a few heads so they wouldn't be recognized.

    They have a medical team, a legal team. One young lady I interviewed is a law student at UR.

    They're still a tad short on exactly what they're after but right now they're satisfied with being able to speak freely.

    Some of the stories I heard from their eviction the other night were irritating. The Police wouldn't let them take down an American flag. It was bulldozed.

    As a side note, they met at Gallery 5 to plan all this. The fellow running it was Tom Robinson who is NO LONGER with the Peninsula Patriots (Do a search for his P4P rant when he was with that Tea Party group)

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    +1. I kind of wish these protestors would go and occupy a J O B.
    Funny thing about that Jim. I had some preconceived opinions based on what I'd seen on Mainstream Media and I'm sure there were a fair number of derelicts in the crowd...but I spent the first 3 hours doing sit down interviews with some of the head honchos. They were ALL either working or students...many both.

    I did talk to some who were just mooching off of the group and they were the usual bums that stay in and around the park anyway.

    The organizers were a little colorful, even by my standards, but not what I expected.
    At any rate...I sure love a little old fashioned civil disobedience.

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Here's the story on Tom Robinson BTW:

    Peninsula Patriots tell gun owners to cover up

    Last week I wrote a story about apparently, anti gun actions by the Richmond Tea Party and associated groups. I offered to publish their side unedited. They chose to ignore my offer. As a result, I will not photograph any more of the Tea party events.
    Yesterday, the Peninsula Patriots held their soiree. While inviting gun owners and Pro Second groups, they later asked people legally carrying weapons to put them away or cover up. I did not attend because of the reasons stated above.
    One eyewitness said “while the land owners had previously said it was OK to open carry, after we’d been there about a half hour, the land owner came up to us and said that the Peninsula Patriots “Leadership” were not happy with us open carrying and wanted us to either conceal or remove our handguns. We were told the “Leadership” didn’t want us giving the media (one guy) reason to say we were “gun toten’ rednecks”.
    Old Virginia is a Rural Affairs Group and while we are solidly behind gunowners and offer any support we can, leave the gun lobby to the experts at VCDL and GOA. As a group, we don’t have a dog in this fight.
    As an individual, I Do! The following response by Tom Robinson is well written, well reasoned and with one glaring exception about classifying people who carry a gun….reasonable. It also smacks of deal making and political wrangling. Because of that I will still refuse to photograph any more rallies and I expect others will follow suit. You can’t pick and choose which parts of the Constitution a PRO CONSTITUTION group will support. It’s a package deal.
    Tom Robinson’s response:
    Good Morning Don,
    I will be happy to answer your question. As an organizer for the Peninsula Patriots, I have been to many meetings, rallies, Tea Parties, Etc, both listening to, and presenting, 2nd Amendment speeches to those attending the events. In virtually EVERY case, a member of the media is present, with photographers, to “catch”
    those choosing to openly carry at the events. The story is then changed to make the story about the “GUN” and not our RIGHT to carry one. I carry a gun every day, and have had occasions to use it to protect myself, and others, from certain death. Never, however, have I felt the necessity to display it openly as a “badge of courage”, although I will fight to the death to defend my right, and yours, to do so.

    The Peninsula Patriots is a young, and still fragile, conservative movement.. We have already lost a few members who are afraid that we are becoming too vocal about the need to be prepared to use firearms, if necessary, to protect our freedoms. An open display of “gun totin’ Patriots, not Rednecks”, is very unsettling to many Americans, and we can’t afford to alienate current, and potential, members at this crucial time in our movement.
    Please allow me to ask you a few questions…
    1. Knowing that you have the right to own and carry a weapon virtually anywhere throughout Virginia, WHY do you feel the need to brandish your weapons openly in a friendly, non-threatening, environment? Were you concerned that you were going to be attacked by some unknown alien forces while attending a Patriotic rally?
    2. Several of those attending were actually making comical statements about one of your members who felt the need to not only openly carry a fully-loaded, semi-automatic weapon to a conservative rally, but also felt it necessary to carry multiple extra clips and other paraphernalia, just in case we came under a massive attack. Do you not realize that the legal, but inappropriate, “in your face” display of weaponry probably did your, and my, movement more harm than good?
    3. To put this in a more logical perspective…Virtually every Virginian, with the exception of felons and nut cases, has the right to openly carry a weapon, so that part is no big deal. It is your license to carry a CONCEALED weapon that sets you apart from those who don’t possess a similar permit. That being said…You may have a fishing license, but do you feel compelled to carry your rod and reel to the movies? You have a license to drive a car, but do you feel it is necessary to park it next to you at church? I could go on and on.
    Although I have spent many years in law enforcement internationally, both in counter-terrorism and counter-drug activities, I am also actively involved in marketing and public relations. Knowing the correct time and place to “show your wares”
    is a key component in successfully “selling” your products, services and ideas. Presenting your members as “casual commandos”
    in yesterday’s friendly, non-threatening setting was clearly “overkill”, and turned many potential members away from your worthy cause.

    As a professional in the field of law enforcement I would like to give a little sage advice. Law enforcement agencies train their officers to pay close attention to anyone who feels compelled to openly brandish a loaded weapon in public. Those openly carrying are put in various categories and observed accordingly. 1st. Power trip – The need to present the appearance of power to overcome feelings of inadequacy. 2nd. Need for authority - All too often, those individuals openly carrying weapons wanted to be a police officer with the power, but not the responsibility, that goes with the job. They were rejected for various reasons, usually psychological, followed by obesity, at which point many of them applied for positions as deputy sheriffs, then private security officers…anything that would give them a feeling of power over others. Although I am not accusing any members of your group of fitting into that category, it is a profile observed by most agencies and officers.
    Don, I am 100% behind you, and I applaud your continuing efforts to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. I am just trying to use years’
    of experience to assist you in waging a just and Holy war against those who would quickly deprive us of our freedoms if given half a chance. HooRah. Keep up the great work you are doing for ALL Americans.

    All the best,
    Tom

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Early this morning the OR folks were trying to decide where to squat next. One of the suggestions was to relocate to the War Memorial.

    I would pay good money to watch that - especially this weekend, seeing as how today (11/10) is the Marine Corps birthday and tomorrow (11/11) is Veterans Day. There will be veterans at the War Memorial all weekend and I do not think they would be happy with the OR crowd squatting and chanting there.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  12. #12
    Activist Member nuc65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Here's the story on Tom Robinson BTW:

    Peninsula Patriots tell gun owners to cover up

    Last week I wrote a story about apparently, anti gun actions by the Richmond Tea Party and associated groups. I offered to publish their side unedited. They chose to ignore my offer. As a result, I will not photograph any more of the Tea party events.
    Yesterday, the Peninsula Patriots held their soiree. While inviting gun owners and Pro Second groups, they later asked people legally carrying weapons to put them away or cover up. I did not attend because of the reasons stated above.
    One eyewitness said “while the land owners had previously said it was OK to open carry, after we’d been there about a half hour, the land owner came up to us and said that the Peninsula Patriots “Leadership” were not happy with us open carrying and wanted us to either conceal or remove our handguns. We were told the “Leadership” didn’t want us giving the media (one guy) reason to say we were “gun toten’ rednecks”.
    Old Virginia is a Rural Affairs Group and while we are solidly behind gunowners and offer any support we can, leave the gun lobby to the experts at VCDL and GOA. As a group, we don’t have a dog in this fight.
    As an individual, I Do! The following response by Tom Robinson is well written, well reasoned and with one glaring exception about classifying people who carry a gun….reasonable. It also smacks of deal making and political wrangling. Because of that I will still refuse to photograph any more rallies and I expect others will follow suit. You can’t pick and choose which parts of the Constitution a PRO CONSTITUTION group will support. It’s a package deal.
    Tom Robinson’s response:
    Good Morning Don,
    I will be happy to answer your question. As an organizer for the Peninsula Patriots, I have been to many meetings, rallies, Tea Parties, Etc, both listening to, and presenting, 2nd Amendment speeches to those attending the events. In virtually EVERY case, a member of the media is present, with photographers, to “catch”
    those choosing to openly carry at the events. The story is then changed to make the story about the “GUN” and not our RIGHT to carry one. I carry a gun every day, and have had occasions to use it to protect myself, and others, from certain death. Never, however, have I felt the necessity to display it openly as a “badge of courage”, although I will fight to the death to defend my right, and yours, to do so.

    The Peninsula Patriots is a young, and still fragile, conservative movement.. We have already lost a few members who are afraid that we are becoming too vocal about the need to be prepared to use firearms, if necessary, to protect our freedoms. An open display of “gun totin’ Patriots, not Rednecks”, is very unsettling to many Americans, and we can’t afford to alienate current, and potential, members at this crucial time in our movement.
    Please allow me to ask you a few questions…
    1. Knowing that you have the right to own and carry a weapon virtually anywhere throughout Virginia, WHY do you feel the need to brandish your weapons openly in a friendly, non-threatening, environment? Were you concerned that you were going to be attacked by some unknown alien forces while attending a Patriotic rally?
    2. Several of those attending were actually making comical statements about one of your members who felt the need to not only openly carry a fully-loaded, semi-automatic weapon to a conservative rally, but also felt it necessary to carry multiple extra clips and other paraphernalia, just in case we came under a massive attack. Do you not realize that the legal, but inappropriate, “in your face” display of weaponry probably did your, and my, movement more harm than good?
    3. To put this in a more logical perspective…Virtually every Virginian, with the exception of felons and nut cases, has the right to openly carry a weapon, so that part is no big deal. It is your license to carry a CONCEALED weapon that sets you apart from those who don’t possess a similar permit. That being said…You may have a fishing license, but do you feel compelled to carry your rod and reel to the movies? You have a license to drive a car, but do you feel it is necessary to park it next to you at church? I could go on and on.
    Although I have spent many years in law enforcement internationally, both in counter-terrorism and counter-drug activities, I am also actively involved in marketing and public relations. Knowing the correct time and place to “show your wares”
    is a key component in successfully “selling” your products, services and ideas. Presenting your members as “casual commandos”
    in yesterday’s friendly, non-threatening setting was clearly “overkill”, and turned many potential members away from your worthy cause.

    As a professional in the field of law enforcement I would like to give a little sage advice. Law enforcement agencies train their officers to pay close attention to anyone who feels compelled to openly brandish a loaded weapon in public. Those openly carrying are put in various categories and observed accordingly. 1st. Power trip – The need to present the appearance of power to overcome feelings of inadequacy. 2nd. Need for authority - All too often, those individuals openly carrying weapons wanted to be a police officer with the power, but not the responsibility, that goes with the job. They were rejected for various reasons, usually psychological, followed by obesity, at which point many of them applied for positions as deputy sheriffs, then private security officers…anything that would give them a feeling of power over others. Although I am not accusing any members of your group of fitting into that category, it is a profile observed by most agencies and officers.
    Don, I am 100% behind you, and I applaud your continuing efforts to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. I am just trying to use years’
    of experience to assist you in waging a just and Holy war against those who would quickly deprive us of our freedoms if given half a chance. HooRah. Keep up the great work you are doing for ALL Americans.

    All the best,
    Tom
    The casual use of the term brandish and the final use of the the 'just and Holy war' kind of kills any credibility this guy has for me.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

    excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

  13. #13
    Activist Member carsontech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Anderson, SC
    Posts
    531
    I couldn't even finish Tom's response. I've seen the crap he is spewing so many times I didn't have to finish reading it. This guy is a phony. :banghead
    Last edited by carsontech; 11-10-2011 at 07:53 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    +1. I kind of wish these protestors would go and occupy a J O B.
    And I am sure that at least some of them would like to.

    When you live in a country which finds itself with one in every five people functionally unemployed, where there are literally HUNDREDS of applicants for a single administrative or clerical position... things start getting pretty bleak pretty quick, Jim.

    Here in Virginia I think we're doing a little better than that, but I'm still not wearing shades when I look into the future.

    And don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the "Occupy"s target nor target audience, I'm just trying to rationalize that maybe, just maybe, some of those people are in that group who have exhausted their benefits and emergency funds and are just plain angry that they are unemployed and unemployable and now they want to gripe at somebody about it.

    They'll probably still be there (some of them) on the 16th when we go to Lobby our new GA to return this blessed commonwealth to a more libertarian state.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  15. #15
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453

    I'm glad you went, Peter, you should have called me.

    I had a feeling if you went and talked to these people, you would find that they are not as they are being portrayed by the media.
    My opinion is that EVERYBODY is getting pissed.

    By design in preparation for a martial law type power grab? My tinfoil hat looks to be coming back in style.

    eta: looks like that one cop wanted a piece of your azz 'till the other reminded him of the bad publicity about the RVA photog.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 11-10-2011 at 08:51 AM.

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Here's the story on Tom Robinson BTW:

    Peninsula Patriots tell gun owners to cover up


    ..........snip.........

    Totally inadequate duct tape alert.

    Tom destroyed any credibility he may have had with his misapplication of terms. His reply is very self-centered elitism and his conclusions are flawed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post

    eta: looks like that one cop wanted a piece of your azz 'till the other reminded him of the bad publicity about the RVA photog.
    He did!

  18. #18
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Totally inadequate duct tape alert.

    Tom destroyed any credibility he may have had with his misapplication of terms. His reply is very self-centered elitism and his conclusions are flawed.
    +1

  19. #19
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Totally inadequate duct tape alert.

    Tom destroyed any credibility he may have had with his misapplication of terms. His reply is very self-centered elitism and his conclusions are flawed.
    He told me yesterday that he parted company (Read that, got tossed out) because they were all Christians and he didn't think that was right to push Christian values.

    I guess it's true that Hell is full of CHiPpers

  20. #20
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Early this morning the OR folks were trying to decide where to squat next. One of the suggestions was to relocate to the War Memorial.

    I would pay good money to watch that - especially this weekend, seeing as how today (11/10) is the Marine Corps birthday and tomorrow (11/11) is Veterans Day. There will be veterans at the War Memorial all weekend and I do not think they would be happy with the OR crowd squatting and chanting there.

    stay safe.
    I had to buy a small Drone for a client that wanted aerial video of his house. If they're still there next week when I come back, I'll test it out there

  21. #21
    Regular Member Walt_Kowalski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ashburn, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Here's the story on Tom Robinson BTW:

    Peninsula Patriots tell gun owners to cover up

    Last week I wrote a story about apparently, anti gun actions by the Richmond Tea Party and associated groups. I offered to publish their side unedited. They chose to ignore my offer. As a result, I will not photograph any more of the Tea party events.
    Yesterday, the Peninsula Patriots held their soiree. While inviting gun owners and Pro Second groups, they later asked people legally carrying weapons to put them away or cover up. I did not attend because of the reasons stated above.
    One eyewitness said “while the land owners had previously said it was OK to open carry, after we’d been there about a half hour, the land owner came up to us and said that the Peninsula Patriots “Leadership” were not happy with us open carrying and wanted us to either conceal or remove our handguns. We were told the “Leadership” didn’t want us giving the media (one guy) reason to say we were “gun toten’ rednecks”.
    Old Virginia is a Rural Affairs Group and while we are solidly behind gunowners and offer any support we can, leave the gun lobby to the experts at VCDL and GOA. As a group, we don’t have a dog in this fight.
    As an individual, I Do! The following response by Tom Robinson is well written, well reasoned and with one glaring exception about classifying people who carry a gun….reasonable. It also smacks of deal making and political wrangling. Because of that I will still refuse to photograph any more rallies and I expect others will follow suit. You can’t pick and choose which parts of the Constitution a PRO CONSTITUTION group will support. It’s a package deal.
    Tom Robinson’s response:
    Good Morning Don,
    I will be happy to answer your question. As an organizer for the Peninsula Patriots, I have been to many meetings, rallies, Tea Parties, Etc, both listening to, and presenting, 2nd Amendment speeches to those attending the events. In virtually EVERY case, a member of the media is present, with photographers, to “catch”
    those choosing to openly carry at the events. The story is then changed to make the story about the “GUN” and not our RIGHT to carry one. I carry a gun every day, and have had occasions to use it to protect myself, and others, from certain death. Never, however, have I felt the necessity to display it openly as a “badge of courage”, although I will fight to the death to defend my right, and yours, to do so.

    The Peninsula Patriots is a young, and still fragile, conservative movement.. We have already lost a few members who are afraid that we are becoming too vocal about the need to be prepared to use firearms, if necessary, to protect our freedoms. An open display of “gun totin’ Patriots, not Rednecks”, is very unsettling to many Americans, and we can’t afford to alienate current, and potential, members at this crucial time in our movement.
    Please allow me to ask you a few questions…
    1. Knowing that you have the right to own and carry a weapon virtually anywhere throughout Virginia, WHY do you feel the need to brandish your weapons openly in a friendly, non-threatening, environment? Were you concerned that you were going to be attacked by some unknown alien forces while attending a Patriotic rally?
    2. Several of those attending were actually making comical statements about one of your members who felt the need to not only openly carry a fully-loaded, semi-automatic weapon to a conservative rally, but also felt it necessary to carry multiple extra clips and other paraphernalia, just in case we came under a massive attack. Do you not realize that the legal, but inappropriate, “in your face” display of weaponry probably did your, and my, movement more harm than good?
    3. To put this in a more logical perspective…Virtually every Virginian, with the exception of felons and nut cases, has the right to openly carry a weapon, so that part is no big deal. It is your license to carry a CONCEALED weapon that sets you apart from those who don’t possess a similar permit. That being said…You may have a fishing license, but do you feel compelled to carry your rod and reel to the movies? You have a license to drive a car, but do you feel it is necessary to park it next to you at church? I could go on and on.
    Although I have spent many years in law enforcement internationally, both in counter-terrorism and counter-drug activities, I am also actively involved in marketing and public relations. Knowing the correct time and place to “show your wares”
    is a key component in successfully “selling” your products, services and ideas. Presenting your members as “casual commandos”
    in yesterday’s friendly, non-threatening setting was clearly “overkill”, and turned many potential members away from your worthy cause.

    As a professional in the field of law enforcement I would like to give a little sage advice. Law enforcement agencies train their officers to pay close attention to anyone who feels compelled to openly brandish a loaded weapon in public. Those openly carrying are put in various categories and observed accordingly. 1st. Power trip – The need to present the appearance of power to overcome feelings of inadequacy. 2nd. Need for authority - All too often, those individuals openly carrying weapons wanted to be a police officer with the power, but not the responsibility, that goes with the job. They were rejected for various reasons, usually psychological, followed by obesity, at which point many of them applied for positions as deputy sheriffs, then private security officers…anything that would give them a feeling of power over others. Although I am not accusing any members of your group of fitting into that category, it is a profile observed by most agencies and officers.
    Don, I am 100% behind you, and I applaud your continuing efforts to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. I am just trying to use years’
    of experience to assist you in waging a just and Holy war against those who would quickly deprive us of our freedoms if given half a chance. HooRah. Keep up the great work you are doing for ALL Americans.

    All the best,
    Tom
    Wow .. just WOW. Sounds like someone is not who they think they are. Clips, openly brandinsh, wanna be cop? I'd love to sit down and point out all the flaws in that argument.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

  22. #22
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Totally inadequate duct tape alert.

    Tom destroyed any credibility he may have had with his misapplication of terms. His reply is very self-centered elitism and his conclusions are flawed.
    + 9 9 9

    Just saying ...

  23. #23
    Regular Member Baked on Grease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterling, Va.
    Posts
    652
    Out of everything interesting in this thread, this caught my attention most.

    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I had to buy a small Drone for a client that wanted aerial video of his house. If they're still there next week when I come back, I'll test it out there
    Pics! the plane, we must see it. I love anything aerial, how much did that cost you?



    Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

    "According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

    Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

  24. #24
    Regular Member Phoenix David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Things were noisy but non violent until the Cops decided to start arresting people for covering their faces (Felony arrests).
    It's illegal in your area to cover your face?
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    It's illegal in your area to cover your face?
    Virginia Code § 18.2-422 - Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.

    It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.

    (Code 1950, 18.1-364, 18.1-367; 1960, c. 358; 1975, cc. 14, 15; 1986, c.19.)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •