Thread: Cathy Inn and Best Buy Spokane

Cathy Inn and Best Buy Spokane

Had dinner tonight with my bride, BobR and his wife at the Cathy Inn on Division in Spokane, great meal, great conversation and most of all a warm welcome from the Cathy Inn staff nary a second look at the 1911s on our hips.

After Dinner we went to Best Buy to pick up a new dryer. On the way out the door the receipt checker checked off our receipt looked me straight in the eye and thanked me for carrying he then shook my hand and said have a good evening. Thats what I would call a positive OC encounter.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Had dinner tonight with my bride, BobR and his wife at the Cathy Inn on Division in Spokane, great meal, great conversation and most of all a warm welcome from the Cathy Inn staff nary a second look at the 1911s on our hips.

After Dinner we went to Best Buy to pick up a new dryer. On the way out the door the receipt checker checked off our receipt looked me straight in the eye and thanked me for carrying he then shook my hand and said have a good evening. Thats what I would call a positive OC encounter.
    Yep, that was me. I meant it, to. I'd OC at work if they let me (darn corporate policies)!

You're the third person I've seen OC in the store. I always use an OC sighting in the store as an opportunity to educate my coworkers about our policies and the laws regarding OC. All of our Loss Prevention staff and our managers know that OC is legal and not against our policies (I made sure of that). A few of them think it's stupid, but I don't care; haters gonna hate. At least they know they aren't allowed to do anything about it.

Best Buy has publicly announced that their policy is to abide by state law in regards to OC (can't find the link, sorry). That means they are OC-friendly in states that allow it (like WA), so I hope to see more of you there!

Valley or north side? I oc in the valley occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post
    Valley or north side? I oc in the valley occasionally.
    Northside.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Good story Orphan.
    And thanks for supporting our rights and educating your fellow co workers, Cubex.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Cubex DE It was good to meet you even of it was only for a few seconds, I knew you ment it when you shook my hand. Keep up the good work doing what you do is exactly what OC is all about. I thank you Sir. Buy the way I OC in Best Buy 8 10 times per year and have never had a problem.

I have OCd at Best Buy in B'ham, no problems, no complaints.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Cubex DE View Post
    Yep, that was me. I meant it, to. I'd OC at work if they let me (darn corporate policies)!

You're the third person I've seen OC in the store. I always use an OC sighting in the store as an opportunity to educate my coworkers about our policies and the laws regarding OC. All of our Loss Prevention staff and our managers know that OC is legal and not against our policies (I made sure of that). A few of them think it's stupid, but I don't care; haters gonna hate. At least they know they aren't allowed to do anything about it.

Best Buy has publicly announced that their policy is to abide by state law in regards to OC (can't find the link, sorry). That means they are OC-friendly in states that allow it (like WA), so I hope to see more of you there!
    That is music to my ears. Next time we are in the Spokane area we'll surely want to stop by your establishment. (don't hold your breath, we only go to Spokane every couple years, and then only for something special)